Fly Tying
Fishigan

Sharks Caddis Larva

Here is something new I have been working on doing. Videos of tying and stuff like that. I have a number of projects in editing at the moment. Here is the Sharks Caddis though. Keep in mind that there is sound involved, no speaking but there is background music.

Sharks Caddis on You Tube

I hope you all enjoy it.

So, I'm watching this video and thinking "nice fly, maybe I should tie up some of those" and then right there at the end of the show, I see a picture of a downed tree and the face of a man that I've never met, but i'm pretty sure that he is standing in my home lake run brown water, and so now i'm thinking "I GOTTA TIE UP SOME OF THOSE!"

thanks for the video. I check out youtube all the time and unfortunately it seems like one guy has most of the videos, and the flies are basically all the same. I've thought of putting together a video or two of my own...one of these days.

The secret is in the combination of the yarn and dubbing. The "hareline dubbin" is bunny and the antron becomes translucent when it gets wet. Trust me, when you tie one you'll be like WTF? then the wetter it gets the better it looks. They actually look better after 15 minutes in the water than they do after 3. When tied sparce the black thread can actually show thru. The pics of the ones that Radoslov did are here in the realistic forum. I simplified it a little and tied it with creame instead of natural. The thicker tied creame makes for a wax worm look while the sparce natural makes for the better Larva. Try different colors and even color combos. It takes just over 3 minutes to tie, so they can be cranked out.

Very nice!!! both the video and the fly!!! I gotta tie me up a few of those!!!!!

Mike

I had two trout on this fly today, i missed another (still getting used to hooking fish with circles). At my local fishery there is a little steam that enters one of the lochs and i trundled this down it and WHACK! They hit it pretty hard. Simple to tie and from my experience a very effective fly. Thanks for the step by step! :yahoo:

Thanks for the video. I"ve never seen yarn used as a dubbing loop before. Makes great sense and a great looking fly. i"m gonna tie some up soon. Have you had success with colors like olive or grey or tan? :headbang:

cream, natural, chart, orange, olive, black and mixes of those are what I use. The only color that I have tried but havent had any luck with has been solid yellow. :dunno: Could just be where I fish.

I am glad you all like the vid and the fly and good to hear you used it and hooked up fly_guy.

Here is a link to J. Stockards supply of the Yarn @ 1.25 a spool.

Antron Yarn