Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
arkfisher

Snicky Frog

Well guys, here's my latest snicky type popper. I hope you all enjoy. here area couple more pictures.

Hope you like this one sniksoh!!

post-9265-1177480647_thumb.jpg

post-9265-1177480671_thumb.jpg

nice piece of work!

dual mono for weedless i would assume?

that one just screams to take some abuse!

camoham

i love it!!!

did u use the turning technique to shape it?...how did you do the paint job? what did you finish it with?

im pretty sure that he didnt paint it, i think what he did was he glued long rectangles toghether to form a block, and then turned a block, so that the strips were horizontal instead of vertical.

You're right dsaavedra! I just glued these together lengthwise and shaped them like that. Then I coated it with about 5 coats of "hard as nails" Pretty easy to make. I'm goin to play with color schemes a little bit more and get some other patterns worked out.

I wish I knew where to get some more of those eyes myself! I bought a huge lot of stuff on ebay a while back and had about 100 of these eyes in it. I can't seem to find them anywhere else. I emailed the guy and he said that he bought them on ebay. He said the guy lists them once a month or so. I'm keeping my eyes open for some more.