Fly Tying
dsaavedra

big bass

hey guys, i caught this monster bass (6lbs 4oz) today. its my biggest bass by far. i didnt catch it on a fly though, i caught it on a rapala. just thought i'd show you guys anyway!

IPB Image

o yeah it did!!!

see i like to keep my drag light for the smaller fish i usually catch but when i go to places w/ big fish i tighten it just in case, adn it was still tightend from the last time i went to a big bass farm pond, and this fish today was PULLIN THAT DRAG LIKE NOTHIN!!!! there was a drainage pipe underwater right there too and i was so scared she was gonna go in it and cut my line!!!!!! :o i was so HAPPY when i landed her :yahoo:

What a pig!!! Now go put that fish on a fly!!! Are they spawning their ??? Im guessing yes by the looks of the fish's tail!

yeah she was spawnin. heres another pic where you can see the anal cavity thing pokin out and its all red:

post-9685-1177970610_thumb.jpg

Did you release this fish

I saw a comment like that coming. Why does it matter as long as he was within the law? Jeez, let's not start yet another Keeping fish vs. C&R agruement.

Great fish, man. Always nice to set a new personal record! :D

~Bryce

I saw a comment like that coming. Why does it matter as long as he was within the law? Jeez, let's not start yet another Keeping fish vs. C&R agruement.

I think you're making an assumption that might not be there. I myself wondered whether the fish was released, but it was simple curiousity. I have no slight for the angler whether he did or not. Maybe the question was asked in the interest of knowing if a mount was being made, if was going to be eaten, or if it was set free to be caught again by the same or another angler.

Just because someone asks a question, that doesn't mean there's only one motive for doing so. Don't feed arguements that aren't there.

QUOTE(Blues Brother @ May 3 2007, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Bruce Derington @ May 1 2007, 06:42 PM) *

I think you're making an assumption that might not be there. I myself wondered whether the fish was released, but it was simple curiousity. I have no slight for the angler whether he did or not. Maybe the question was asked in the interest of knowing if a mount was being made, if was going to be eaten, or if it was set free to be caught again by the same or another angler.

Just because someone asks a question, that doesn't mean there's only one motive for doing so. Don't feed arguements that aren't there.

I too was wondering for sake of curiosity! And also where that pond is! :rolleyes: A very nice fish you got there!

BFR

yeee hah what a nice catch, better go find big bro before he finds you.

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :lol:

way to go

Jon