Fly Tying

Tying Area

post-58-1180537475_thumb.jpgpost-58-1180537511_thumb.jpgpost-58-1180537546_thumb.jpgpost-58-1180537580_thumb.jpgpost-58-1180537611_thumb.jpgpost-58-1180537642_thumb.jpgpost-58-1180537671_thumb.jpgpost-58-1180537700_thumb.jpg

Sometime back in March someone re-posted a picture of my flytying area and several requested that I post some more pictures from different areas. I finally got around to taking some more pictures and will attempt to post a few here. The photos show the tying area from different angles and a couple of shots of the rest of my shop and rodbuilding and rod storage area.

Someone also asked about the red and green storage cabinents on the back shelves. These originally came from Herter's. I bought them years ago from the estate of a deceased tyer here in town. They are filled with mostly feathers sorted by size and collor.

The tying area contains a 20 year collection of materials. It's amazing how it accumulates. Nice to have a large walkout basement for it all. A couple of the pictures are kind of fuzzy-sorry about that.

Dave

Dave --

Thank you for the full tour; I appreciate the generosity inherent in a close look around an artist's studio. Your organization of tools, materials, and especially the rod collection has inspired me.

:)

Rod & Reeling Regards . . .

-- ron P.

Wow!!!

I cant wait to show these to my wife, she is always telling me I have too much STUFF. Maybe she will back off a little and be thankfull.

By the way in your 1st pic on the bottom left is a Oak 5 drawer chest. Did you make it?? That is one darn good looking box.

Jeff

hello dave very nice pic .. i been tying for 10 year now . i get a 8X10 build in my back yard i call it my tying room i get about everything to tying anything .. if i add everything it been close to $40,000 + in crap lol

this is hobby and my love i tying 4-3 hour a day or more i get pic soon add post it

god bless

I think I might have been the one who posted that picture a few months ago asking "Is this your desk?"

Now I think I regret doing that.....I've gone from "HOLY CRAP!" to just crying uncontrollably.

:bugeyes:

that is freaking awesome!!!

I showed my wife, Vickie, these pictrures. She said, "See, we aren't so bad. We need more stuff!" Dang, I'm glad I maried her.

REE

Oatka, yes I believe you were the one with the previous post.

Xspook-no I didn't make the 5 drawer oak chest. I bought it from a local hardware store a couple of years ago when they put them on sale for $25. It's a decent chest but not real high quality construction.

The dark cherry chest in the other (blurry) picture is a much nicer chest. I got it from Lowes last Christmas. It was Crotalus from our board,I believe who made a post a couple of years ago that Lowes sells these chests just before Christmas for $70. They are darn nice chests for that kind of money. Look for them again next Christmas.

Dave

Dave,

You've made me feel better about my purchases. I'll post some pictures of the building I had built to house my stuff. I basically go nuts on my hobbies, but they sure are fun!

Ray