Fly Tying
Iowaflyguy

A sad day.

A tornado hit here today. I was not damaged but houses just 3 blocks away were leveled.

Cars were picked up and blown 40 yards and dropped on top of other cars. Trains were blown

off the tracks. Tombstones were torn out of the ground and whole neighborhoods are just gone!

The devastation is just hard to believe. So many people, some who are good friends, lost

everything. There is just a terrible feeling of sadness to it all.

As a fisherman and a hunter I love nature. But when nature flexes its muscles we

realize how puny we really are. (sorry I really needed to vent).

wishing health and safety for all

-Tom

WOW I have been watching that storm. It almost looks as if that same storm has hit Iowa for 3 days You and your will be in our prayers

I always hate to hear of that kind of destruction and loss. I have been one of the lucky ones while I was living in Alabama. We had a twister come through and took my trash can out of my yard and pulled up some hot pepper plants that I was growing next to my back door in flower boxes. That was all I suffered, It went through my yard and completly ripped my neighbors house off the foundation. Although no one was hurt, you feel so helpless and a little guilty that you did not have any loss.

I hope and pray that things will get back to some kind of normal for you and your town as soon as possible.

Jeff

My heart goes out to those that were in its path. I've seen a number of tornados in person and seen what they can do. No matter how tough you think you are once you have seen one in person then anytime the sky turns that ugly green color and the wind start to pick up you cant help but get chill's down your spine. They are so devestating and unpredictable.

Steve

We will keep you all in our prayers..Hate to see and hear about the damage nature can do.Growing up we had roof go off the farm house.Found half the barn down 2 farms.We fill what your going through.

You are right Steve. When you see your own town like that it just leaves an empty feeling inside.

I have heard the warnings all my life and paid them little heed. I know I won't be so brave

(or stupid) in the future.

All the homeless should be in the shelters by now. Tomorrow we will start the work of

clean up. Thank you all for your well wishes.

tight lines and heavy creels

-Tom

I'm really sorry to hear about that, Iowaflyguy. I've (fortunately) never suffered any great loss from a tornadoe, but they come pretty close every year. There was one year that a tree landed on our roof, and from then on, I get a bit freaked out when there's a windy storm.

It just makes you realize how helpless you really are when it comes to nature. You can't stop it, and that terrifies me.

Best wishes and God Bless,

flygirl08