Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Keep in mind all of the colors where picked by a 6 (7 in 15 days) year old child. I tried to keep her hands on this fly as much as possible. The wings are not perfect but good for the first try of a dad and 6 year old. I held the married wings and under wing she did the rest. Ill do some more red lacquer and then box it up for Bud.

Bud thanks you for your help and wondrous ability. Your flies in particular catch em's eye and you generosity is bar none! Sorry for the delay on this fly but I haven't wanted to push her. Now that school is out and her (our ) big vacation is done we made time to finish!

Outstanding work, Emilee!!! The colors are lovely. :thumbup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :ban: :ban: :ban:

Nice Fly!

i swear that fly is going to be framed and displayed in a museum. thats a really nice fly and i'm really proud of you emilee. after i recieve the fly i will send the next batch of materials for your next project so be prepared. i will send you a nice set of matched full wings for your next fly and all the goodies that go with it,

we are all proud of you

Bud

day5

Make sure to tell her we all bragged on the great fly she did.

Jeff

That is excellent :headbang: , I mean come on if she's tying like that at age 6, Who knows how good she can get in even just the next ten years. Superb fly, Keep her goin'.

Keep in mind I made the wings and helped her place them. But she did the floss ribbing for the most part solo. Bud this fly will be in the mail this week! thanks again for your help and motivation!!!

That is cooler than cool!!!! I am having a heck of a time, so I will wish you a Happy Birthday Now. Hopefully you will get some great presents

Sign in to follow this