Fly Tying
Ribs1

Jamie's Custom Flies

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if any of you have ordered from Jamie's custom flies lately. I put in an order about 6 weeks ago and I still have not received. I sent email and called with no response. I kinda figured Jamie must be on a fishing trip or something because I have ordered from him before with good success.

Anybody know anything?

Thanks

Ribs1 - I had ordered some materials from James last fall. My order also took quite a while to arrive, but I know Jamie had shipped it to me a week or two after my order (there were a couple items on backorder). Jamie was very good about letting me know when the order shipped. I remember mailing the package to the US took a very long time (close to 4 weeks). Jamie is a member on this site (member name J. R. Caddick), so you may want to send him a PM. He's a nice guy, so he should be able to let you know what the hold up is.

Hope this helps.

No problem receiving stuff I ordered from Jamie, good person to deal with 150%.

Hold-up likely the border and as far as communications he has always been quick to reply. Send him another email or PM in case the first one missed.

Order still not received and no response.

I'm getting worried. Order placed May 27th

Anybody else receive and order from Jamie lately?

Paul,

Did you get the email i sent you last week ?

I was away from the shop for just over 5 weeks while running forestry gear so i could recover from the seperation my wife and i went through this spring and my access to the internet was virtually non-existent.

Things should be getting back to normal soon as i am training some reinforcements to help around the shop when i am away.

Jamie,

I didn't get an email from you but I did receive my order. Email may have been spam filtered.

I'm sorry about your separation.

I've got no problem with the delay as I didn't need the materials until the winter tying season anyway.

I can't wait to start using the prolak head cement. I'll be using the black for traditional wet flies and the other colors for clouser eyes.

Thanks

yea,the border really slows things down.i sent someone their prize for a raffle in early may,they ended up getting it in early july.its customs that holds it up,so dont worry to much if it takes long,its probably at customs :rolleyes:

It turns out I did actually receive an email from Jamie a while ago. The email went to my old address which I only check every couple of weeks. For some reason Paypal had my old address on file and sent it to Jamie when I ordered.

All materials arrived in good condition and look very good.

Jamie has a great selection of hard to find materials including prolak head cements which is the main reason I ordered from him.

I will definitely order from Jamies custom flies again. I know how it can be to have your life turned upside down.

Hope all is well now.

Hello,

I open this thread ones more. I order and payed from Jamie's Custom Flies two Supreme 2 bass bug flylines in february. They never arrived me in germany. I wrote e - mails to him, but they came back. I found a article in the web, that Jamie's Custom Flies is default in payment and the shop is closed. I found Jamie Caddick as a member in this forum, wrote him two e - mails, but he didn't answer. Is here anyone with contact to him?

Best regards

Torsten

It turns out I did actually receive an email from Jamie a while ago. The email went to my old address which I only check every couple of weeks. For some reason Paypal had my old address on file and sent it to Jamie when I ordered.

All materials arrived in good condition and look very good.

Jamie has a great selection of hard to find materials including prolak head cements which is the main reason I ordered from him.

I will definitely order from Jamies custom flies again. I know how it can be to have your life turned upside down.

Hope all is well now.

Torsten,

Jamie hasn't been logged in here on the FTF since last November. His website is closed and, I guess, so is his e-mail addy. I'm sorry you got stiffed, but I hope you realize that Jamie had nothing to do with the Fly Tying Forum.

Hi troutbum,

thank you for this information. I hope in this forum is anyone, who had contact to Jamie Caddick and can give me his e-mail adress, or a contact. I don't want except that my money is losed.

Best

Torsten