Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyingbones76

Fly rod question?

My birthday is comming up in may and I'm going to be buying 2 new rods and reels. I currently have a nine weight outfit (gloomis cross-current 9wt and old florida 5SA) which I use for all of my saltwater fishing. Anything from snook to bonefish.....I want to get a heavier rod for tarpon and bluewater action and a lighter rod for multi-purpose fly fishing but mostly backcountry and peacock bass. My heavy stick of choice is going to be the Sage 11wt rplxi (got a great deal on it) with an old florida nautilus 12. This is not my concern. What I'm not sure about is the light rod and reel. I'm contemplating purchasing the gloomis streamdance 6 weight with a gloomis venture 7 but don't know much about the rod except that it's a good looking rod. Does anyone have any opinions on the streamdance series for saltwater or recommendations on other rods? dunno.gif Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks... thumbup.gif