Fly Tying
mozes

Your pet swap

No problem....I can photograph them. Dave I can send them to you once I get them done.

Well, first of all I'd like to appologize to you all and especially to mozes. Things went a bit crazy a few weeks back and I've been working 60-70 hours/week. The last time I viseted this site was about a week ago for just a few minutes and I did see your message mozes. I should have gotten back to you at that time. My fault.

In my defense, if you read back through the first page of the thread I don't think I ever gave the "official nod" of commitment in the first place. We were pending on a due date (last I saw) and by the time you got back to us on that I was too busy to even think, but I see now that I was already on the list. I guess that's my fault too.

On top of that all, I'm wraping up a swap of my own on another site and I know it sucks when people don't come through on their commitment. I guess my best advise to you on the "swap-miester" end would be to confirm the details such as a due-date, shipping, etc., etc., etc. up front, and above all, make sure you have a firm commitment rather than make an assumption and then try to trash somebody else if things don't go as you planned . I never would have handled this situation the way you did.

Here ya' go:

Mar 27 2004, 12:46 AM

"I guess you could count me in (pending on the due-date). Will something in chocolate lab work? I've got one good Idea for a mayfly dry (trout pattern). Do the flies have to be tied entirely of pet fur/feathers, or do they just have to be included somewhere in the recipe? Give us the details and I'll let you know for sure.

Al"

Apr 2 2004, 12:25 AM

'"Bout that due date.......any idea on that yet?

Al"

I believe that was my last post in this thread. Still waiting to confirm weather or not I was going to be able to swing it or not.........turned out not, but then I read this tonight.... I didn''t even know I was on the list.

May 17 2004, 01:02 PM

"On the second note: I still did not hear anything from SALMONATOR even after I send a PM . I think we can forget about his flies . I wish people would have enough decency to let you know that they drop from the swap instead of you guessing that they are out two days after the deadline.

Anyhow as soon as I get flies from DFix I will split them up and send them out.

Mozes"

Well, so I guess I feel like a heel tonight. Not that I should, but I do. Sorry if I let you guy's down. I apologize for my indecency. unsure.gif blink.gif huh.gif

Al

Nobody's life was in jeopardy because of it, so forget it. I am sympathetic to logistical SNAFU's and the need to re-adjust time priorities.

Since we have extra flies i can send them back to original pet owners or I can give an extra set to Will for pictures and as a token of our appreciation for keeping this great site alive. It is your call guys. Maybe this will emprove our chances for that free hackle drawing whistling1.gif whistling1.gif whistling1.gif. If anyone is against this just let me know and I will send them all back.

Thanks,

Mozes

If there's a complete set of extras, send them to Will so he can auction them to help support the site- hell, every other site does it, why not this one? It won't be a ton of money, but it will help.

Fine by me with the extras I dont need mine back I still hgave the dog rolleyes.gif

she sheds enough to make 100 a day rolleyes.gif

Cant wait to see the others

sucks bout the dropouts but oh well dunno.gif

I got mine they look great I realy had fun with this swap and would do it again

thanks mozes