Fly Tying
Greg G.

I need help with jigs and Glo- bugs

I dont know how to get yarn on the bottom of the glo bug.... any advice

and how do you guys put a marabou tail on when you are using bunny fur??

thanks

Greg

I dont know how to get yarn on the bottom of the glo bug.... any advice

and how do you guys put a marabou tail on when you are using bunny fur??

thanks

Greg

Well first of all it is not bunny fur it's a feather. Marabou I find easy to tie in as a tail just like I tie in any other tail. Just get it the size you want and wrap it in.

If I misunderstood your question, I don't know what you want.

Skip

Ya what i was asking is how you guys tie on a marabou tail when you use a rabbit fur body?

if that makes sense

I tie on a marabou tail most times shank length, but about 1 and 1 and 1/2 eye spaces back. I wrap the thread rearward to where the hook bends, (usually just above the barb) over the marabou plume. Then wrap the thread under the marabou to prop it up a couple times. I find doing this helps the marabou from fouling, holds it more secure and gives a smoother thread base on the shank. I usually pluck the tip of the plume out, remove most of the fluff from the base and wet the feather before tying in. I also hold the tip of the feather slightly up and back behind the hook when wrapping the thread over it so the plume stays tight on top of the shank

You just missed a virtual Egg Class... here are a few videos from it, may be helpful..

Post with Egg Video Links: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?sho...&hl=youtube

As for the tail, sorry I don't understand your question.

thanks for the site i didnt see it earlier.... that really helps... i like that mcfoam.... it is the shiznit.... :D :D :D