Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Sebastián Letelier Calvo

back again on fly tying...

Hi to all,

I have see some flies they look great,

I was in Scandinavia this summer fishing and doing some art work meeting anglers etc as well.

I got some salmons yes was a great experience not easy... as a new rod on this river. I fish the Guala Orkla, Laerdal and the a bit the em in Sweden .... beautiful places.. some with alot of history....

The fun part I that I was able to meet in person Martin and Tommy from Denmark at the end of my stay at banks of Gaula river, was a nice time we share a nice time two evening's, we drink talk about fishing, we saw flies form each one flies, they invite me to drink a anf eat some stuff...... and I learnt from them as well ..

I miss the chance to meet Oddbjorn at Orkla, next time ... !!. then in Denmark I met Jens... and we tie fly without vise etc. fish was another great experience...

In my way back from Sweden to Oslo ( Norway) I meet Steinar because..... of Pelle a great angler/ author from Em that I was visiting.... he ask to him if I could stay at his home, I didn´t know Steinar.. funny.... he turn to be is a hell of a fly tier and a keen angler that for sure, Pelle knew thta for sure we could have a good time!!, Steinar also called the Young Goku and thomas ( thunder) was a great time that evening .. lots of fun..

Was an inspirational time since I got to see some real old flies, etc. also a lot of hospitality ..

Thanks to all of you for such a great time .....

Here is a Jock scott I have tied other 3 flies by hand later I will post.

By the way also a great book about 50 of the best salmon rivers in the world has been released is from NASF, I did 20 drawings of flies... for the book please support them... they are doing a lot...

look at www.nasfonline.org

By the way...Martin is a great fly... for the NASf auction....

Well all the best

Sebastian.

post-5764-1191974523_thumb.jpg

Hello Sebastian, INCREDABLE Jock Scott...........SUPER classic., lol. Glad you had such a great time. You can count on me to buy the book. I have practically every book there is on Atlantic Salmon and Atlantic Salmon fishing...............prolly as close to the real thing as i'll ever get, :hyst: mark..... B)

Sounded like a great time Sebastian!!! That is quite nice that you had a chance to meet Martin, Tommy, Jens, Steinar and all - I am sure it was fun!!!!! Lovely Jock Scott tied in hand too :headbang: !!!!!!!!

Regards

Lee

Welcome back!

Stunning Scott!

Hola Sebastian!

Good to see you again. Great story, I bet you had fun. It is always better staying at local's homes in far off countries. You see the real place where ever that is compared to tours or staying at hotels. Now to get you up here!

Great fly too my friend!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Beautiful fly Sebastian.

I'm glad you liked your stay in Scandinavia, though you didn't come to Finland :P

Timo

Sebastian , Long and Thomas (thunder) looking flies at my place.

Sebastian also caught his first Atlantic Salmon ever on his trip to Norway.

Congratulations :yahoo: :yahoo:

post-10715-1192033505_thumb.jpg

Sebastian , Long and Thomas (thunder) looking at flies at my place.

Sebastian also caught his first Atlantic Salmon ever on his trip to Norway.

Congratulations :yahoo: :yahoo:

:bugeyes: Magnificent Jock Scott, Sebastian! It never ceases to amaze me that people can tie flies so beautiful without the aid of a vise.

I hope we'll be seeing more of your creations soon!

John

I can't even touch that with a vice let alone without one. :headbang:

Good thing I'm stuborn, or something like that - otherwise I'd jsut quite after seeing your fly :hyst:

Hola Sebastian.

It was truly very nice to meet you at the banks of Gaula, spending a couple of evenings talking flies. I am glad you had a great trip to Scandinavia, and I hope to see you again some time.

And that Jock Scott - It is absolutely stunning. A fantastic fly thinking of how short time you have been tying in hand.

Best wishes

Martin

Sign in to follow this