Fly Tying
gespliesste

The International Brotherhood of the Flymph

Hi I'm looking for to gat in contact with the The International Brotherhood of the Flymph because they have some kind of club pin what I would like to have for my sons collection of pins. I try to email them but gat no response. Could some one help me.

Thanks Olaf

Hi,

I am the artist that created the design for the brotherhood. You must contact Jim Slattery to find out if he has any pins. I'm not sure what he is doing right now, but keep trying to get through to him using the two e-mails posted on the web site. The address is: IBF Website.

Jim's regular e-mail is not correct on the IBF site. It is [email protected]

Mark Libertone

Very cool sight Mark!!!! :headbang: I am all most done reading the entire thing. I'm hopeing they are still accepting member but havent gotten there yet

Thank you for posting such a valuable web sight.

Jon Joy

Well, Thank-you from Jim Slattery. Jim actually put together the site. I only provided a photo and the logo design, which was transformed into the pins. As I said, I've not heard from Jim. He may be away from home. Hopefully you will hear from him, soon, and will be able to join a very long list of members including Jim, Hans Weilenmann, Allen McGee, Donald Nicholson from England, Ralph Graves, Alan Goodwin from Scotland, Roy Christie from England and many many other great tiers that enjoy the wingless wets as much as I do.

Mark

Mark,

If the Donald your speaking is Donald Nicolson, who has the fine web site, he's from Scotland, not England.

I noticed on another forum that Jim had a death in the family and may be occupied with family matters.

REE

I too have sent numerous e-mails in an effort to join the IBF without any reply. I've been trying since August. Is there another way to become a member?

Slate....I'm in the same boat as you......I think I've been trying since May.....the first test for initiation must be pateince and persistence :D :dunno:

Sorry,

I don't know what is happening with Jim. I hope nothing is seriously wrong cause he usually answers. I've sent him a PM on another forum board, but haven't received a response either. Hopefully, he's okay, but busy.

Mark

Hi all,

From what I've been told, Jim has been very busy with a number of projects and is working on getting someone to handle the membership for the IBF. As soon as I hear that the transition has been made, I will make a post here in the forum with the new information. Please be patient. You'll be hearing, soon.

Mark

Membership to the International Brotherhood of the Flymph is quite easy. You ask to be a member and you become one. It really is that simple. This is a great "club" that was started by the investigation into Pete Hidy's work on the Flymph phenomenon and his subsequent start of the International Society of Flymph Fisherman. Unable to find any real info on Pete's society the question was raised of starting a new club, the IBF. The idea took off and we had over 50 members within a month or two and is now over 100 members strong and still growing. We have members from all over the world. This is a loose collection of wet fly enthusiasts who have a passion for the secrets of fishing these deadly flies.

We get many people who request to join and are sent invitations to our Google Groups forum set up by Hans Weilenmann. That is the extent of becoming a member. Aside from the charter members, I think there may be some sort of disconnect of expectations of joining the club and the actual membership. Frequently invitations are resent 2-3 times and still no response or confusion.

This club is only as good as the people who contribute to its vitality. If we want to make it something more than what it is then there has to be more contributions of time, material, ideas and follow through. We should be more than just a great pin to put on your fishing vest or hat. If we want to continue to grow and become a dynamic source of information for the fisher men, women and children that will follow us, we, as a group, need to put more effort into this worthy project.

William Anderson has stepped forward in handling of new memberships. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to better this process please come forward. Your help is greatly needed. Do we want to have certificates of memberships made up? If so we need your input to get it done. I'm sure Mark Libertone can come up with a beautiful design. I would imagine that these can be electronically sent for the member to print out.

In the future members will have access to some of Leisenring's Letters and Notebooks. These are currently in my possession and I am planning on making them available in book form, once I can wade through some personal obligations and developments as well as another project that is tentatively called the Dette Files. Once I'm done with this project with Mike Valla, an extraordinary Catskill tier, and Hans Weilenmann, I will be able to devote my time to the Leisenring Notebooks.

Again if we want the International Brotherhood of the Flymph to be something other than a great pin we need more participation. Step up to the plate.

Jim