Fly Tying

Hi evryone, :) long time since I have post anything. I have practise on this handtying thing and working a lot to reduce the headsize and to get my herl heads better, NOT EASY :( :( :dunno: :wallbash: :angry: hehe. I think on my two lates I finally is on the right way. :) My two latest is the Mystery flies in the second row. All of them is tied in hand, some I am satisfied with other not. Some of them will meet the big knife, number four on the first row I have cut the hackel just to see how it looks because it was way to long. The biggest flies is on PJ size 5/0 and the small ones is on size 2/0. Hope you like em, comment and critic is ok. :)

IPB Image

By the way, have made my own wax now, was very fun to do it, was in the pine forrest to collect rosin. I will send a big thanks to D C and Derek :) THANKS GUYS :)

IPB Image

Those are fantastic KO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: THe background is great too!!!!!

That "wax" really captures finger prints well!!!!!!

Looks like you have been busy! Nice job on the flies. Glad to see you working on tying in hand.

:bugeyes: :bugeyes:

What a collection! Those are beautiful, Kjell-Ove, and you should be very proud of them.

I've heard that pine pitch makes good tying wax. In your opinion, what are its advantages?

John

That is one of the most beautiful collections of hand tied classic salmon flies I've ever seen. You are a masterful artist sir. They are, and that picture is "Poster Perfect"!!

Would love to see some of these babies photographed up close.

Thanks guys :)

an extrodinary collection buddy. the wax is neat also. if you even want to sell some of that wax i would take a clump.

Bud

Send me a mail with your adress and i send you some wax Bud

:bugeyes: :bugeyes:

I've heard that pine pitch makes good tying wax. In your opinion, what are its advantages?

John

I cant say much about advantages seens I just start to use it my self, but I think its real real sticky and work very well for me. I made the wax because I wish to learn how they do it back in the old days. I got some wax from Derek and getting interested how he made it. Then I got some info from Carne and Derek how to made the wax.

That is one of the most beautiful collections of hand tied classic salmon flies I've ever seen. You are a masterful artist sir. They are, and that picture is "Poster Perfect"!!

Would love to see some of these babies photographed up close.

Send me a mail and I send you a big pic then you see all the shortcommings hehe :)

Great job KO :headbang: :headbang: !!!!!!!! How did you make the wax... other than the pine rosin??

Regards

Lee

Thanks, I use rosin, beewax and castoroil to made the wax

hey Sky Pilot:

When properly tied Classic salmon flies are displayed together the results are inspiring and breathtaking. What a great job !!!!

dg

Sky Pilot.........you ARE one of the High Priest of Salmon fly tying. mark..... B)