Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TimRussell

Bushnell ImageView?

What are your experiences with the Bushnell ImageView? I have been lookin for a digital camera latley and I also need some binoculars. This would serve both purposes I would think. It is also in my price range. How good are the pictures from the ImageView? Thanks in advance.-Tim

I have never heard of that camera. If you plan on taking pic's of your flies, be sure it has a macro function.

i have a set of the digital binocs and love them..they take great pictures as well. before you go out and take a heap of pictures with it though you do have to get used to them. my camera is aimed just a hair lower than what i am looking at through the binocs so i have to adjust ever so slightly for that when i take a pic. i am not sure if they are all that way or just mine. and of course the amount of deviation between the two is lessened the further away the object is. so take a few experimental pics in the backyard before you go out and use them on something you want to actually take a picture of

I sold optics for a few years and was not impressed with these

this was the first couple of generations of these, they may have improved since

but I found them hard to use for a few reasons.

don't expect camera quality pictures or binoc quality viewing

the first generation had no port for a data card, so when the batteries died all the pictures saved to the internal memory went away, I remember the model that had just come out when I left had SD card slots, definatly look for one with the slot

maybe I am a little to snobby about my glass, but they just didn't impress me

Pauly