Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Mickey Doodle-Variant

Lance, this fly has mylar tinsel on it. I do have and sometimes use metal tinsel, but not very often.

Thanks Steve. smoke.gif

These flys were developed for salmon and those big Maine brookies. I have never fished with one, but I plan to tie some up for Snook this summer. So far all of these that I've tied are for display.

These are great flies to tie, not too difficult to master and they look great. I'm kind of working my way through the Carrie Stevens catalogue and hope to someday have a complete set on my wall.

I've been gathering a few of those "sparse" streamers for our trout rivers. So far, I have a couple dozen. Dark Spruce, Finns and Ghosts. This would be a perfect addition. Sweet as always! I might be able to tie that one without tearing it up...LOL

My plans are to fish them with the sinktip on a 3-4' flouro leader. "Report to follow, soon wink.gif"

Thats dyed silver pheasant, brilliant looking fly. I wonder how a dyed jungle fowl cheek would look with that. Very nice TB, thanks for posting.

hey TB i'd be happy to test some for you for some brookies and other trout in the new england area wink.gif biggrin.gif

very nice, i want to get into tying all of the classic new england streamers

Anybody interested in learning more about these flies, I recommend this site:

Streamers

There is also a Yahoo group dedicated to New England streamers that I also would suggest.

Thanks for the link, Paul

I really need to get back on the vise. I'm short on many staples and want to add some others to my arsenal.