Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Official fly rod raffle

okay here we are guys, I'm doing a special custom rod build which we are are going raffle off to a winner to one person here on one of our 3 sites. I went through my own "stash" to see what I would do and came up with this which I think anyone would be happy to own.

the rod I am going to build to raffle off is...........a GATTI 905-2 blank thats a GATTI G4 9' 5wt 2pc blank *dark blue in color* the insert is going to Amboyna burl, and the grip will be a custom grip with cork, copanza cork, and rubberized cork...same reel seat and grip as pictured here on this rod

IPB Image

IPB Image

so needless to say...this will be one sweet rod! :headbang: One othe thing I will do...I will wait till the winner is randomly chosen, and then when that person wins...I will contact him/her and I will find out what color wraps&trim they want and wrap it in that color scheme just to further personalize the rod for the winner.

This is a rod that is normally a $250+ rod even without the custom grip and Amboyan seat so it goes without saying that with all the custom work...this is gonna be a very nice and very high dollar rod...but the cause I'm donating it for is well worth it IMO.

So......I will leave the raffle ticket sales up now for 10 days starting today NOV28th and ending on midnight DEC 7th that way we I can have time to get all the phone cards bought and sent to the troops overseas.

And if you dont remember the reason why were doing this.....100% of the money raised is going to be used to purchase phone cards and then sent with the help of FTF member who's a serving Air force Vetern "Ashby" to be sent overseas to the troops still serving today so they can hopefully hear their loved one on the end of a phone line this Christmas.

So if you want to buy a ticket......tickets are $10 each.

Paypal is [email protected] (PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME WITH THE PAYPAL MESSAGE)

or if you want to send a money order then PM me for address

Again...100% goes to help a solider be able to call his/her family this Christmas so you can be a part of helping make that happen while getting a chance at a very nice custom GATTI fly rod.

Thanks to all that will help with this from all of us at FTF/TFF/RBF/Midwestcustomflyrods

Steve

So, to get in we just PayPal you the cash, right? I'm sorry, I'm dense today, er everyday, er you get it :P

So, to get in we just PayPal you the cash, right? I'm sorry, I'm dense today, er everyday, er you get it :P

Yep, just send him $10 a ticket for your part Terry.

Steve, Please send a mailing address, I'm in for a couple of tickets. (Error message said your PM box is full). Thanks for supporting the soldiers.

Russ

Wanted to hit Mason, but between being so busy and now coming down with a bad cold the past 2 days I doubt I will be able to make it this year.

Just to let everyone know....we're only 2 days into this and already I have recieved close to $500 to use for phone cards :yahoo: :yahoo: :headbang:

Excellent way to step up and help out for a good cause everyone!

In for two tickets.

Steve, thank you again for doing this. It means a helluva lot to the guys and gals overseas to know that they are thought of and cared about.

Semper Fidelis

Shane

**Bump**

(That's my support since my $10 will likely go to bailing out Day5 from jail)

$40 just paypaled, with a note about splitting it up if you can... my boys are each digging $5 out of their wallets that I'm matching for a ticket for each of them. If you can't do the split, don't worry about it.

Steve

Im in for two tickets plus will ship those ather stamps i talked ot you about earlier..will send by friday to you inthe mail...mike :D