Fly Tying
Guidofisherman

Photoshop pop-outs

I have been playing around with Photoshop to create these shots that seems to jump out of the frame. I simply followed a tutorial I found on the web then added the frame details on my own. I think they look a little more impressive on the black background on my site. Alan

post-9742-1196606703_thumb.jpg

post-9742-1196606732_thumb.jpg

post-9742-1196606776_thumb.jpg

post-9742-1196606841_thumb.jpg

Those look so cooool! Please post a link for the tutorial that taught you this technique. I'd love to try it on a couple of my favorite fish photos.

well i have finally gotten around to trying to do this. i am not photoshop savy. i downloaded the 30 day trial of Photoshop CS3 and got to work.

its been an uphill battle. there are only about 9 million buttons and menus and tabs you have to figure out..LOL

my first attempt was about an hour and a half and i made it all the way up to step 2 before i was forced to give up.

i started from scratch on my second attempt and made it all the way up to step 6 in an hour and a half. i messed up trying to do step 7 . i closed the layer menu box and couldnt figure out how to get it back. i finally figured out how to get all the menus and buttons back to original setup and then went to bed.

so now tonight i will try it again. i'll start from scratch again as i figure the practice could do me some good on how to navigate this program.

one question though. is there an easier way to do step 6 other than just running my eraser box all around the "background of image except that in border"? that takes forever and i know i missed some spots. any way i can box an area and then just erase everything in that box in one click of the mouse?

well i finally got it. PHEW!!! originally i had been doing a fishing photo but my sister just sent me a few pics of the neices trying out their christmas present so instead i worked on that. now hopefully i will be able to do it again :rolleyes:

my first attempt at anything with Photoshop.

post-9630-1201388803_thumb.jpg

post-9630-1201417887_thumb.jpg

thank goodness i didnt have to dress like that when i grew up. any tips from you pros on what may improve on what i have done would be cool with me.

post-9630-1201417094_thumb.jpg

post-9630-1201417951_thumb.jpg

Wow, I really love the look of these images. I'm wondering how some would look without a gradient background, instead create an image where someone is handing a pop-frame to another person. Anyway, this looks like a lot of fun to play with.

Graham

mokai really like what you did with the shadow under the picture.

guidofisherman the pattern you added to the fram instead of the plain white border is really cool. i think i know how to do it. will try that in my next pop-out.