Fly Tying
duckydoty

Whew! Wont tie them for a while

I'm not going to make it because I want to fish tomorrow day to get some winter shots for the site. Are you going for sure. How many inches do you think we’re going to get? If you get stuck down here and can’t make it back home give me a shout. We got plenty of room if you need a place to crash.

Ducky you freak :bugeyes: I have about 50 so far for the trip the end of the month... need another 25 in one more color though, I have a new dubbing I want to try and am starting to get really excited.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Jeremy,

I'm heading down in a few minutes. Should get there about midnight and stick around till about noon tomorrow. Might see you down there. I'm going for the pictures also.

Thanks for the offer on the crash pad, but I just sleep in the back of the truck. Sleep there more than in my bed :lol:

duckydoty

My first thought was perhaps you're nuts but apparently you aren't nuts so there must be something to the sow bug. Looks like some of the first flies I tied but apparently it works?

I usually end up giving too many of them away when people start asking"Whatchya usin?" I just hand them out.

duckydoty

So, duckydoty.......Whatchya usin? ;)

There definately is something to sow bugs. This is a picture of a good friend of mine and the fish he caught using a sow bug in 2005.

IPB Image

His name is Rick Osborne from Camdenton, Mo. The fish was a 27 lb. 10 oz. brown caught in the trophy area at Lake Taneycomo. It is the current state record and also the IGFA 4 lb. line class world record.

Sow bugs are simple but very productive.

duckydoty