Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flounder

Toppy

had a bad cold, so this one's tied under the influence of cough syrup :wacko: A quick tie to be sure, but one I've always wanted to tie. This pattern is one of the oldest and represents the transition from Spey type flies to the gaudy salmon flies. The notes say this one can be tied with regular or Spey hackle, and note that it has a tag, but no tip.

Glad to see this fly as I had a hard time imagining what it should look like after reading the recipe. Nice work!

Hi Flounder,

At least something nice has come out of having a cold, it's a simple looking dressing but sometimes these one's can be deceiving beautifully tyed throughout.

Well done.....

All the best Davie

What brand of cold medication do you use, Flounder? I think I'd like to get some!

Terrific fly -- and proof positive that a pattern doesn't need 27 different materials in order to be elegant. :headbang:

John

Isonychia has taken the words right out of my mouth again. i have to agree with what he says Bob

Looks awsome :headbang: :) maybe a simpel pattern but I think they often is most difficult to get nice, great tying :headbang: do you know how old this pattern is, do you think it is the same transition you mention for the nankeen and the thistle or is I on the wrong path :) hope you understand what i try to say :)

?

Definitly an interesting, and very old as you say looking fly!!!

I like it... i like it alot :)

I've always loved the Toppy Flounder. Your dressing epitomizes it's simple beauty.

dg

Sign in to follow this