Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
riffleriversteelheadslayer

dry fly tails

I was in Kmart yesterday picking up some more sally hanson's hard as nails and walked by something that caught my eye they are made by Andrea and are called permalash they are fake eyelashes they costed $1.50 for 56 of them they look like real mayfly tails once they are trimmed a bit

looks cool.........................now post a photo of how they look on you :hyst: probably bring your eyes out :j_k: ......I will have to give them a try look like they be a little easier to work with thanks for the tip

riffleriversteelheadslayer....................mike

:hyst: its okay to leave them around she was there when I bought them but be careful she teases me all the time because she said I have more make up stuff then her hard as nails, mascare brushes (make great under fur and dubbing brushes), and now the eyelashes

Once I went to the drugstore with some of my flies to prove that I was not a perv. I have purchase fake eyelashes for tails because like the real ones they are curved. Also there I have purchase a variety of coloured (including sparkle) nail polish for streamer heads, along with the usual Sally Hansen. Some great scissors, scraps of hair dye samples (good for tails and some wings) toe-nail clippers for trimmed wings on dry flies, and pill boxes for the 'experimental flies' or hooks that I don't need to mix with my normal inventory.

But the best thing to find there is a make-up bag with pockets and loops for tools and material - for $25. They don't always stock them (now is a good time actually as they are popular Xmas gifts) because they are the perfect travel fly tying kit.

Fly tying is the best coach for thinking outside the box. Almost picked up some rug samples from the trash last week to get that good antron for trailing shucks!