Fly Tying
Linesides

Buzzer Swap

I have been reading a.out these small flies and given the fact that this year my species to catch is at least one trout I figured why not. Any buzzer style Chromid, I guess they are tied on curved hooks mostly in small sizes from 10 and under. First 14 with I'm in get to play. Standard rules(guidelines) apply.

Dave

1) Linesides size 14 green ribbed RECIEVED

2) Chrisfish RECIEVED (nice thorax on such a small hook)

3) Dnthmn RECIEVED

4) Nen-bran RECIEVED

5) Peaty Mann RECIEVED

6) Student4evr RECIEVED

7) Billy RECIEVED

8) Rockworm RECIEVED

9) RDL RECIEVED

10) Juice RECIEVED (nice buzzers)

11) SteveP

12) RonC23 RECIEVED

13) Flyweaver RECIEVED (Nice pattern)

14) Purolohi Kalastaja RECIEVED

SWAP IS CLOSED

Due date is the same but if we get them in sooner we all get them back sooner.

Thanks for getting into this.

Dave

I had never heard that term Buzzer. But I havn't been at this that long either. A cool looking group of nymphs. I will look at some more and settle on a pattern over the holidays.

I'm In.

chris

You will have to give me a bit more information about what a buzzer is. But I just started fishing chronomids in the lakes in BC, Canada and I have a couple of sources up here in Washington that might be able to help. I had 5 guys in for a tying session this spring and the combined tying experience was over 200 years. I am attaching a shot of one of the fly boxes we give away on our club outings.

I am in.

post-12269-1198492984_thumb.jpg

All of the buzzer patterns I have seen are tied on small curved hooks such as a Mustad C53. They also use either light dubbing, wire, even just thread or a combo of them, even beadheads. I am open to all info on buzzers and newcomers as well as old timers.

That is a great looking fly box.

Dave

I'm in. Will a "twelve cent trout killer" work? Looks like a buzzer to me. It is in the 3rd Quarter, 2007 section Fly of The Week on flyanglersonline.com. T.C.T.K.

nen-bran

Hi Dave,

Put me down please...just let me know how many flies and how much to send for postage.

All the best Davie

Davie,

Merry Christmas

I will let you know as soon as I close it on the fly count and I should be able to get a close estimate on shipping costs to Scotland.

Dave

I would like to play - doing research on a pattern, but it should be in the 14 - 16 range.