Fly Tying
Linesides

Buzzer Swap

I'd like to try if there is still room. Does anyone have some good recommendations?

I was looking on-line and found a lot of info on buzzers.

If no one minds I'm gonna ty an emerging buzzer.

This would be a floater and can also double as a strike indicator if you tie another off its tail.

I guess you should fish it in calm water, where the trout are rising to the surface. Imagine that!

:P

ronc23:

They fish a lot of chronomids here in Washington and up in BC. One guy to look up is Brian Chan, he is a fish biologist, a guide, a writer and one hell of a fisherman. He writes a lot of articles and he has done a number of books on fishing "Stillwaters". Here is a link to one of them. http://www.flyfishersrepublic.com/tactics/...onomid-tactics/

Another person to look up is Philip Rawley. He has a book out called "Fly Patterns for Stillwaters".

You can also look up a lot of patterns and information when you search on Kamloops, BC Canada.

I will probably do a large pattern called the Bomber. There are chronomids that get to be an inch long in several of the lakes here. I am also looking at the the red but buzzer.

good luck

Hello Linesides -

I have 15 that are ready to send - an extra one or two for the meister -

Ended up with a slight variation to one I use for bluegill in GA. It is on a Tiemco 2487 Size 18 - being a 2x short hook, I guess we could settle for a true size 22. Camel thread, copper wire, ostrich herl collar. Works for me, hope it will for you as well.

Please PM the address and I will get out in the mail next week.

Try to post a picture later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the links and advice everyone. Mine are done, I'll try and get a picture in. I'll need an address to send them.

Addy please. :D

I've only got 4 more to ty and they should be done in about 20 min. :hyst:

:P