Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
catskilljohn

Akroyd...with stinger hook

Sweet conversion.....a fish catcher for sure..

I'd like to see the white wings a bit longer.......out to the eye of the JC....but that's just me.

Looking forward to seeing some more conversions.

Frank

Hey John.....i was thinkin' the same thing as Frank said.....the wing would look even better a bit longer. But thass a KILLER fly Bro. You got messesd up by David's flies same as i did i can see. I know it's not easy to find white winging material that is really long either. Maybe just another wound hackle of white eared pheasent would do the trick. Love your design though. So you bought some of that Black Rhea off e-bay. :D DAMN, i guess i'm gonna have to get an e-bay account after all........ :( there goes another **** load of $$$$$$................ :P Oh well........an armored car don't follow a hearst. :hyst: later, mark..... B)

Thanks for the comments guys, and the ideas...its funny how sometimes something "seems" right when you do it, and then you look at it later and say, "did I tye that?!?!" :hyst:

Mark, the Rhea is from Jack Cook out west, man does he have the goods for Spey flys! I just sent him an order for a selection of colors to do some more patterns, I will post them as I get them done.

thanks again guys, CJ

hi catskilljohn

very nice fly certainly has lots of movement

just one question

how do you go about rigging up the hook to the waddington?

all the best

john