Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutnabout

partridge extreme klinkhammer hooks

I havent tried the extreme ones. But i often use the bn15's or the older version of the klinkhammer hooks. I love them, and can only imagine that the extreame would allow for an easier tie because of the flat bend. I really love them, and wished they were available more places.

I use Mustad Signature C53S hooks with a bend in the shank for all my Klinkhammers.

Granted, it is a wet/nymph hook, but I've never had any flotation problems.

The C53S hooks are easy to source and are priced much more reasonably than the Partridge ones.

I just ran across this hook style. Has anyone used these? What do you think of them?

Royal Wulff

They look really great to me. I'll order some and let you know how they work.

Flytying Scott'sman

Thanks for the Mustad tip.I'll try em out

Joe :they seem to be available from a number of different sources> What problems have you had with getting them? :dunno:

I order them direct but the supply is not constant. I have gone a couple months before another shipment had arrived from Europe. This season it is not as bad, last winter it was like pulling teeth.

Joe Fox

I have some size 16 and like them a lot. I don't really tie Klinkhammers often, but find the hook is excellent for other emerger patterns since it puts the butt in the water. I like them for Usuals, or other 'winged or tufted' emerger patterns where the wing and thorax are tied on the flat part and the abdomen and/or tail is on the bent part. You could of course just bend a regular or Mustad 80050 series hook with some pliers and get the same effect for less $.