Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Supernumerary Rainbow

I must admit that I have this fly out of my vise as it has haunted my thoughts for the better part of the Fall and Summer. I originally came up with the idea for this fly at Paul Rossman's back in the Summer but really thought that I wouldn't possess the skills to be able to pull this off. Hopefully my mind didn't dream up something that my skills couldn't produce. There are little flaws everywhere but nothing so horrible to make me dislike the fly like so many of my flies. I will probably take a couple of pictures outside tomorrow to see if I can capture the color spectrum in the darker ranges a little better.

Please limit your critiques on this one as it will be a gift to someone and I would hate to see something that would tarnish a fly that I am giving to someone else. The next fly will definitely be fair game for all of you vultures.

post-5737-1198913732_thumb.jpg

I rarely post comments to flies - just enjoy them.

But this one makes me feel like sitting on warm fireplace with some friends.

Just love it.

Heike

It's DYNOMITE!!!!! Best fly you've ever tyed.....that i've seen. Fantastic work, and a GREAT design. LOVE the colors. mark..... B)

Matt,

I love the toppings colors scale , all the fly is well tyied and proportioned. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Fabrizio

HOLY SHI_ WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE THAT FLY :bugeyes: I THINK I WILL GO HAVE A DRINK AND PONDER OVER HOW YOU DONE THAT :headbang: :headbang:

ROCKY

That topping wing is the BEST I have ever seen, the proportion, shape, size, colour - in fact everything is perfect about it. Thats apart from the rest of it, time precludes me from expanding at the moment - except perhaps that head (swoon).

Matt,

if I have the possibility to post some critiques, I should have some probleme as I don't find some ... this fly is really superbe, fantastic colors, shape, topping'cascade, and the floss' work are incredible !!!

All the best

Bruno

Holy Cow Matt!!! That's just simply amazing! :blink:

That ribbing must'v been quite a battle.. Looks excellent!

Darn, you wanted critique..? Omh, that's so hard to give... But there is ONE thing that i would do different! I'w would tied the orange crest after the yellow ones.. :hyst: Could maybe remind more fire than now.. was that the point?

Unbeliveable job, Matt! Keep it going!

-Juho-

UTTERLY FABULOUS ! :yahoo: :yahoo:

When I heard through the grapevine that you were working with dyed crests...I scratched my head thinking..Now what can that sob be up to? I am flabbergasted

Another great example of how time spent grounded in tying classics can open up other doors

Matt, this is the finest topping wing fly I've seen,,,congratulations buddy

gotz

That is a rainbow :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Breathtaking fly Matt. ...........floss, toppings..........they're all balanse

tyrone