Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Supernumerary Rainbow

Thanks for all of the comments again guys. We all know that you are just talking sweet trying to trick me into sending this to your house. :)

Peter - Ther gut is triple twist 12# Japanese gut. I really like the stuff and it is quite easy to use. The only secret I had on mounting the toppings for this one was to start at the beginning of the Kori throat. I would tie in two toppings side by side and then advance the kori throat by one wrap using the hackle pliers to hold the Kori in place, tie in two more toppings, advance the kori, etc... The head is only about 6 or 7 toppings and that greatly reduced the size of the head. If you stacked 22 toppings vertically it would look a lot like the Apollo's Fancy I did. :)

No guesses to who the recipient is?

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: How the bloody H*^# did I miss this masterpiece???????? Matt, that darned near gets three :headbang: 's!!!!!!!! I never have given three but this is real close!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: .999

Brilliant!!!!!!!

Thanks Matt I found the informaion I needed that clears the mudd for me. I love the way that the body silk is one color and the ribbing silk is a differant color you must have spent hours on just the body to get that effect. Outstanding just Oustanding. James

Hi Matt,

Well I've got to say this is one stunning dressing that will be remembered for a long time everything about the fly is pure quality your friend is going to be over the moon, I would be....

Top Class.......

All the best and have a Happy New Year, Davie.

average high for the next week will be in the lower 30's

Where ever this tropical place might be, Matt , keep that fly and send me instead, I'm almost frozen with 14°.

Just have a look at your rainbow and a glass of malt to warm me up.

Happy New Year guys

Heike

BTW Matt , still undyed......... :innocent:

Here is the fly framed up and ready to go. I had to practice writing the name on a spare piece of paper as the first time I wrote it, it was about an inch wider than the frame, not to mention the actual matted area. :)

Last chance to guess where it is destined. Any takers?

Thank you to everyone for the comments. If you would like, I will try to get a demonstration on the floss work done some time in the next week.

post-5737-1199153714_thumb.jpg

WOW, that is a beautiful fly. I love the way the rib work is done on this one. The wing though, that's in a class all on it's own. Very nice looking fly, and display.

Ashby