Fly Tying
Zach Bearden

Striped Bass

I listed this as a coldwater species because in the summertime they come up our tailwater to escape the hot waters. If you beleive it is in the wrong page please move to appropriate page.

Anyways, we fish for them all season (summer) with chartruse and purple and other various colored clousers. It seems our fish are getting rather smart and its harder and harder each year to catch the larger fish. I am looking for a new fly that moves around alot and has a wounded baitfish look. We have trout and shad (regular schoolie shad) in there that they eat. The shad seem to have a very dark top on them. They are rather tall and skinny and long... What fly would you reccomend? I can always put a propeller in front of them if I need to. Also they are landlocked...

Thanks!

Try a bead belly emerald shiner but vary the colors to match the shad in your area. Or maybe a Enrico Puglisi pattern.

I will look up a Deceiver. I have found that the EP fibers are a bit too expensive for my Blood. :P And also the Bead Belly. Thanks BWO and Terry.

Sorry Terry, I am on a Dial Up Modem and cannot watch videos. I sure wish that I could!