Fly Tying
Graham

Hmmm...

Maybe I should work on my wish list, and forward it to the author.

Nikon D3

200-400 f/4

400 /2.8

600 f/4

That should do it

Naw Graham, you would want something faster than a f/4 on the 200-400 and 600 wouldn't you? I'm thinking like a 2.8 or something like that. Heck if your going to wish you might as well wish big. lol

Jim

graham

the credit I saw was 'flyshop in NY'. it threw me off and had me thinking.'maybe it isn't him'

now I know better.

I'd be happy with either of those lenses, the 200-400 is about $5,000 and the 400 /2.8 and the 600 /f4 are about $9,000 each.

Yes, I tyed the fly's and took the photos...lol... I even have a step by step on my site showing the caddis being tyed. I even saw one of these caddis, tying-in-progress photos, last spring on the J Stockard website on their fly tying page, and I remember being surprised that they used it without asking. I just assumed that anything I post on a forum they sponsor they could use. I really cut back on posting realistic fly photos on forums.

Graham,

do you remember back on November 3rd at my house? Did you meet my son Seth? he's the 5 year old. No, not the one that tied the fly with a sail, the younger one. Well, I'm sitting here reading this and he comes over so i decide i'll tell him about this. I said "Seth, do you remember Graham who came to GFP in november?" he said that he did. I said check out this fly he tied. then i pulled up the picture from "The Book" and before I could tell him why it was funny, he said "it's like an extra gold leg."

yes, let me put that in bold for anyone who couldn't understand what happened in about 5 or 10 seconds.....

MY 5 YEAR OLD SON FOUND THE HOOK IN LESS THAN 10 SECONDS, AND IDENTIFIED IT PROPERLY AS AN "EXTRA GOLD LEG" :D

(he just said "send it" about this message. "Do you think Graham is on the computer right now?")

jbrowning, pass the popcorn!

quote-"I just assumed that anything I post on a forum they sponsor they could use" - Nope/Nada/Nay - he said trying to remember the registration agreement:) If that were the case you would see lots more sponsors paying the fee on well used and quality boards and simply lifting what they want at a cut rate price.

Will

Oatka, I got the good movie theater popcorn and not the mini bags. The popcorn is on its way. This is going to be a good weekend I think. lol

jim

Just knowing how pissed the author of the book must be about the fish hook being there, has value to me. Today, on and entemology blog site, I learned the word Nerdsplosion. Apparently there are a number of people that are very happy to see the fish hook in the fly and use it to discredit the book. Oh well, another day..........lol.............. pass the pop corn

You can actually download it off the wackos website in a pdf file. It is about 40 megs. Like it was said earlier Graham you couldn't pay money for this advertisement. lol

Jim

Holy cow Graham, you are a very popular guy, even more so now, can I get an autograph :hyst: oh wait, i have better lol. This is in a way pretty awesome for you. All the free ads you can handle. I would still clean this guys clock.

Ashby