Fly Tying
Will Milne

Bit of an interesting look

Ty Vito and Al :)

Al- the exif says f32 on a 105 mm lens - the fuller looking dof comes from the angle it is taken at , putting the dof more parralel

to the width of the pattern.

Here is a similar look using the dof a bit differently, I quite like this one myself-

IPB Image

Vito - I've been playing around with different looks trying to find ones that satisfy me:). Glad you liked it.

Too bad you can't get paid to play with this stuff , it's fun anyway.

Will

That is one fantastic photograph!!!

AL-

That is a very kind and generous offer and much appreciated. Feel free to pass along whatever you feel is usefull. I have no expectations other than making sure I'm having fun , though it certainly would be interesting to explore wether there is a market for this type of work.

I shoot in RAW so file output/color space etc. etc. is all pretty flexible. As is tailoring a new capture to a needed layout.

I'll pop you an email and thanks again for the support.

Will

brilliant! awesome flies and photos!

what did you use for the legs on that first fly? ive been pondering for a long time a way to work somewhat realistic legs on a dry fly, and that is pretty much the answer

Ty Josh-

The legs are pheasant tail barbs. I think I saw these on an Oliver Edwards Caddis pattern. You just slowly strip off three or four barbs against the grain and it lifts a little sliver of the quill with it ( the feet part in the image), then bed them against the cutting edge of your tying scissors. Hope that makes sense.

Will

One more time with feeling -

One of my favourite pattern styles - a hack of a Coachman in Japanese Tenkara style ( sorta):))

IPB Image

Think I'm going to try and figure out how to do views from underneath/balanced backlit now, kinda the reverse of these ones. Umm er any suggestions.

Will