Fly Tying
The Goat

I've got an itch...

...for some new caddis patterns. I've decided to designate 1 or 2 boxes solely to caddis. Hell, they're the one fly that you can find and catch fish on practically anywhere! I've got some tried and true patterns in my box already; EHC, Henry's Fork Caddis, E/C Caddis, a larva that I like, and a PT cased caddis...but no emergers, no pupae.

What are your favorites?

Try the shark's caddis. There is a tutorial up on Youtube by a member here. They aren't that hard to tie but look really realistic when wet.

I gotta admit, aside from learning and awesome new technique, I had my doubts about this fly...until I saw the picture of the wet fly next to the real bug. Dang that's nice!

Thanks for the link!!

Thanks, flytire. I've been through those, and found some nice flies.

I was kind of hoping for some favorite patterns that folks use. Not that I don't enjoy posts that hint of "Why don't you just get off your lazy rump and Google it yourself."... :blink:

Sometimes it's just more fun to find out what other folks like.

So I was skeptical when I saw that fly tied on utube and thought no way, then they showed it wet and I thought wow, that looks good, way too good to be made of antron. and I was right. the caddis shown wet with the actual caddis larvae is not made out of antron, it is tied by Radoslov (shark even credits him for the caddis shot) and he calls it rado's caddis larva and looks pretty dang good. it is on this site. The imposter on utube wouldn't look nearly as good wet.

So I was skeptical when I saw that fly tied on utube and thought no way, then they showed it wet and I thought wow, that looks good, way too good to be made of antron. and I was right. the caddis shown wet with the actual caddis larvae is not made out of antron, it is tied by Radoslov (shark even credits him for the caddis shot) and he calls it rado's caddis larva and looks pretty dang good. it is on this site. The imposter on utube wouldn't look nearly as good wet.

Hey Fishigan he called you an imposter! :hyst: Fishigan I think you are more of a butt head! :hyst:

I fish with Fishigan (the imposter) I do not thik his intention is tto steal form rado. Ive seen his version in use it is a great fly.

I too like the Triple Threat

Also, one of my favorites is a Quigley's Cripple just adjust the colors.