Fly Tying
Soft-hackle

Cinnamon Swimmer

This fly is based on an old pattern, but I've altered it some to fit our modern needs. I also tied it on this nymph hook, which I think adds a lot to its effectiveness.

Mark

Hello All

This is the first time for my to reply and i am very new to fly tying. On the fly instructions it say to use the Leisenring method. can you explain

thanks

watt :headbang:

I really like that one. I'll be wrapping a few of those up. I tend to use a dubbing loop though for similar applications. I love the hot orange head.

IPB Image

This is a somewhat simplified version of the Leisenring method of dubbing. One nice thing is, you can make these brushes up ahead of time and store them on cards with slits cut on opposite sides. Simply catch the thread ends of the brushes in the slits. When you are ready to tie, all you need do is remove the brushes and tie them on.

Mark

Very nice tie Mark. I tie a lot of soft hackles on curved nymph/caddis hooks, including the old standbys Partridge & ________. I like the way they look, so I guess I'm more confident when I fish them, so I think they're more effective.