Fly Tying
NineZeroSeven

18 or smaller nymph swap

The way it normally works, when you're done with your flies (the number of tyers, minus one - you) you can send me a PM, and I'll reply my address. You'll send the flies, along with a self addressed, stamped envelope, in some type of protective package, an Altoids can in a padded envelope works well. :)

Your flies will be on their way in the am, I got them all finished. Hope they are ok. This is my first swap, hope noone gets mad am still pretty new at all this.

Sherri,

I am sure they'll be fine. There are a few of us who are still kinda new to tying and personally I feel swaps are a good way to learn as well as an opportunity to request feedback from others. I am looking forward to seeing what you tied.

Yeah - what he said... Tying flies, like casting them, is something you can spend a lifetime learning and still never perfect. We're all still working on making them better - and I don't think anyone's going to be bent out of shape if some of the flies are less than shadow box quality :rolleyes: .

Oh good thanks guys. I picked a real simple one to tie so I couldn't screw it up too badly. Good news is I have caught plenty of fish on what I sent you so I guess they can't be too bad. Looking forward to seeing the other flies and any feedback you would like to give me on mine would be appreciated. Sherri B. :D

Definitely a great looking fly Brent! Here's a pic of the hare's ears I'm working on - even though a hare's ear's pretty much a hare's ear. I'm looking forward to seeing them guys!

post-1938-1204211379_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. 907 I like the wheat penny backdrop and hare's ear nymphs.

Material list.

Thread- 17/0

Tailing- beaver guard hare.

Abdomen- olive goose biot.

Thorax- olive dubbing.

Legging- horse hair.

Wing Case- mylar tinsel.

I've got them down to 15 min's a piece.

Wow, four an hour, you're moving about twice as fast as I am on those hare's ears... I love the look of it, but I didn't even realize there was such a thing as 17/0 thread! Beautiful!

Ok. I will be tying a size 18 variation on an Olive Beadhead Nymph as seen in Trout flies by Dave Hughes. Copper bead head, Golden Olive Awesome 'Possum for the abdomen, 1 strand yellow floss rib, and Dark Hare's Ear for the thorax. Simple tie, but looks buggy and effective. I haven't caught a fish on the fly yet, but when I hopefully go to the Gila this spring break, this is going to be one of my go to flies to see if I can't hook into a trout.

nen-bran

Its gonna be a #20 beadhead olive "lightning bug" adaptation! Green phesant tail tail (LOL), olive flash body, dark blue wire rib, bright green peacock thorax, peacock and flash wingcase, gold bead..... This is the first spool of micro wire I've ever bought... man, they aint joking! I'm gonna toss in an #18 brassie I think, red and green. Headed to the San Diego Zoo for the weekend, flys should be done the following weekend!

Boy am I outclassed :baby:

my little redheads are done

Need addy.

Damn these things are small,I may not be able to fish them unless i bring a large magnifing glass with me to the stream so I can tie one on :hyst:

post-10770-1204463474_thumb.jpg