Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mswaterfowler

FIRST FISH ON A FLY ROD!!!!!!!!!&#

Congrats, hopefully many more to come. My first was a 10" rainbow that I accidentally caught on the back cast, As I looked back to see My line straighten the little bugger jumped out and grabbed it, lol. I remember it being on a size 12 pillow feather fly, while the poplar fuzz was floating around. Seems like Yesterday. I think We remember Our first fish more than Our biggest fish somehow. Oh well Congrats again and thanks for the trip down memory lane.

i remember my first fish on my fly rod it was last summer i caught a real nice red ear pan fish its exciting when catching your first fish on your fly pole like i caught my first trout this summer

Congrats! Now you've really gone and done it! This stuff is addicting! Here's to many more in your future!

I had a SUPREME case of beginner's luck on my first fly-rod fish. A 16" Smallmouth I caught in my favorite stream. If that's not dumb luck I don't know what is! :hyst:

My first fish on a fly was caught in Central Park, New York City.........had been taken to the Catskills once by a friend to fly fish for the first time in '89. Didn't catch anything that first trip but we got a Bass Pro catalog, ordered up a bunch of tackle and flies and "Stuff" and off to central park we went. Sunnies and Largemouth all dang day.........that was IT! You'd be surprised how good the fishin' is in Central Park. :D I continued to fish the lakes in "The Park" and take the train up to the Croton watershed and sometimes rent a car to go further, until '94 when we bought our Suburban.......puppy has 213K miles on it now, and has been to every state cept Alaska, Hawaii, and North Dakota. It's now retired to bein' used ONLY for fishin', and pretty much just locally or within a couple states in any direction. i don't take it on long trips anymore. It's on it's third transmission. Little did we know, fly fishing and tyin' flies would TOTALLLY CONSUMME our lives. My wife didn't even wanna go on that first trip, (it was her birthday), and now look at her.........Jeeze. OH! and for the "starter" of this thread.............you can put the word/idea/concept/ "hobbie" right smack dab outta your mind, IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER THAN SOONER. "hobbie" GOT NUFFIN' to do wiff it. With any luck you'll SOON realize that. And then hopefully, you'll also SOON realize, that this is a VERY GOOD time to invest.........ASAP! :hyst: Your gonna need it. GO! :D ............. :P ............. :) mark..... ;)

DUDE you are hooked! congrats on the first fish on your fly to boot! WOW I remember the trout laughing at some of first fly's so good on ya! and Willowhead is right it is not going to be hobby anymore you'll be hooked bad!