Fly Tying
bobfly

A few Dries, something a bit different

post-11676-1204606647_thumb.jpgpost-11676-1204606689_thumb.jpgpost-11676-1204606733_thumb.jpgpost-11676-1204606774_thumb.jpgpost-11676-1204606812_thumb.jpg

All are tied on #6 hooks. The Grey Wulff has newly arrived Rocky Mountain Elk for the wings

Hi bobfly, Great looking bunch of dries. I especially like the salmon irresistible. I happen to have a very nice river close by that is well known for its steelhead taking dries in the early Fall months. You just have to tip toe through the rattlesnakes to get to the good water. The Orange Bomber would be perfect for this water. I will have to tie a couple of those up for this year. Nice Job.

Some Steelie Dry Fly Water

post-13329-1204608936_thumb.jpg

Hi bobfly, Great looking bunch of dries. I especially like the salmon irresistible. I happen to have a very nice river close by that is well known for its steelhead taking dries in the early Fall months. You just have to tip toe through the rattlesnakes to get to the good water. The Orange Bomber would be perfect for this water. I will have to tie a couple of those up for this year. Nice Job.

Some Steelie Dry Fly Water

post-13329-1204608936_thumb.jpg

Great piece of real estate. my mouth waters every time I see pics. like that. You blokes just don`t know how lucky you are over there. We have the mountains but nothing like the amount of water you have. Snakes we have plenty of though :hyst:

The Mad Fly Tyer strikes again!!!

Bob,

I don't believe anyone here ties as fast as you do while tying beautiful flies consistently in so many different styles. Every time I log in I see more of your great flies. How long have you been tying?

Ray

The Mad Fly Tyer strikes again!!!

Bob,

I don't believe anyone here ties as fast as you do while tying beautiful flies consistently in so many different styles. Every time I log in I see more of your great flies. How long have you been tying?

Ray

Ray, I`ll let you into a little secret. I occasionally dip into my collection, but not too often. most (98%)are straight off the vise. i find changing fly styles stops me getting stale.

Started tying in 1950 and still as enthusiastic as I was then, and, i`m not mad, just a little bent :blink: :P :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

beautiful flies

i find the bombers very nice

when you make them

do you tie in the hackel, spin the deer hair, then wrap the hackel and tie it off?

beautiful flies

i find the bombers very nice

when you make them

do you tie in the hackel, spin the deer hair, then wrap the hackel and tie it off?

No i don`t. I tie a bit of wire at the tail end before I spin the hair. when I`ve trimmed the hair I tie the hackle in at the head , wind to the tail then tie down by winding the wire through to the head. It`s a little tricky but easy enough done if you take your time . Makes for a pretty tough fly as well.

Cheers bob

Great flies Bob . I can't wait to try these patterns on our Atlantic salmon rivers this coming season , June 1 opening day..........Frank

Great flies Bob . I can't wait to try these patterns on our Atlantic salmon rivers this coming season , June 1 opening day..........Frank

Lucky beggar!!