Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Show

The Michigan show was ok but not as good as last year in my opinion. The were not as many venders as last year. I did manage to get mostly what I was looking for.

I stopped by the Hatches booth but didn't get a chance to talk to anyone. Maybe next year.

I have heard some people say that there are too many vendors and not enough experts to learn from.

However, I felt the same as you - I did not end up buying everything I wanted to, as some of the tying vendors were not there this year. But it is a flyfishing show, where as Mason is a fly tying show....

Thought that the show was just okay. Was not real impressed with the scheduled seminars this year and I have always gone to the show to buy materials and over the years there have been less and less of them but if you are looking into a purchase of a driftboat or bamboo fly rod it was great. This may be my last show unless they have some good guests that I like to see. Just my opinion.

Bob

next year I hope to have my business set up and to be there with a butt load of materails. I was impressed with the stuff that Feather and Furs had. He always seems to have some good stuff and a good price.

Randy

I had a great time at the show, it was by far the best show I exhibited at this year. I'll be back next year!!!

There were definitely less vendors this year, but I knew that going in. I had contacted my favorite two vendors, blue ribbon flies, and stone river outfitters before the show. Both had similar stories. With the cost of gas, and lodging, both shops will only be going to the show every other year. So next year they will both be there.

In all the show was a lot of fun. I picked up a lot less than I normally do, but I was able to get some stuff that I was flat out not able to find anywhere, such as replacement foam pads for my fishpond vest.

Meeting Bud was a treat, what a great guy. Also finally meeting Smalliehunter, its about time bro.

Nice seeing everyone again!!!!!

John

I to had a great time! Meeting everyone was great. Watching my 7 year old get a hug form Bud was a true treat. Bud you are a true inspiration to my daughter as a mentor and tier. You are also a true inspiration to me as a person! Awesome day!

I haven't been to this one before so I couldn't compare it but I thought it was great! And if there are more vendors next year than it would be even more great! Aside from nearly passing out I had lots of fun. It was cool meeting John McLain, Bud, Mr. day5 and Ridderbros3! You are all great guys! I'll probably see a few of you at Mason next year.

yes it was a great show but wait till next year, i'm planning on dragging a few more salmon tyers to this show so we can fill that complete wall where we we seated. emille, the best part of the show for me was meeting you, you are the sweetest most beautiful little lady anyone could have the pleasure of meeting. i was really happy your dad took you to the show, i hope you can come over next year because i'll have another fly for you. when you reach 20 you'll be the fly tyer who has the biggest collection of my flies, i will send you a package soon as i promised and i hope you put the beautiful feathers i gave you to good use, i also found out you and i will have our picture in a magazine on the internet and when i get it i will send it to you, it was a pleasure meeting you little lady, day5, your a lucky man.

will, we will talk over the phone, i have big ideas for you and i look forward to putting you on fish in june

brent, next year buddy, one night , me and you, the bar, 9 o'clock saturday night, be there