Fly Tying
snboggs

Favorite Material

Chase,

I've never had the opportunity to use yak earwax. Do you have a little extra lying around I could experiment with? Do you use it to wax your thread for dubbing? :lol:

A blue dun neck from Harry Darbee's original flock kept in cryogenic storage and then blessed by a Cistercian monk after being unfrozen.....I hope you didn't believe that!!

Seriously, nice hackle if I'm feeling rich and coastal deer hair if I'm feeling poor.

A month ago I would've answered high-end hackle (after buying numerous Whiting capes and saddles).

A couple weeks ago, it might've been dubbing as I was having a ton of fun with that.

For today I'll go with CDC.

Fishing streamers is my favorite fix.

I have found nothing that adds flash and action to a fly like Gliss-N-Glow does.

I'd think for everyone it would have to be hooks cause without em, the materials really wouldn't matter much. But I like everything.

Fatman

another vot for peacock hurl. It looks extreamly buggy underwater. I was just reading the micro bugger thread and I liked the black micro bugger with the peacock herl. I know just the place I am going to give it a try at.

Good question...really difficult to decide, but I'd probable go for cdc and peacock herl.

Can I choose 2? :dunno:

I would have to say Peacock hurl, saddles, (gotta have my hackles) and good thread that dont break.:yahoo: