Fly Tying
day5

anyone tied or had a chance to see this vise??

i watched a guy set one up at a fly fishing/tying show. after 20 minutes he still wasnt done so i left. i personally wouldnt waste that kind of money on it or any other marc pettijean product.

waste of time and money

id rather spend my money on a LAW vise.

I don't no I think that a Nor-vise would do you very good!! I have watched you Ty on Hatches TV lots of times and I am very impurest in you work. I looked at the vise that you are looking at and my self I not to fussy on that design of vise. just my thoughts!!!!!!! ;) :headbang:

Pretty pricey vise. I don't think I would consider one. I have 6 vises & have owned & sold heaps over the years.

I am now using a Nor vise at home & a Griffin when I'm away tying.

The Nor Vise is the best & most versatile vise I have ever owned.

Guest Big E

The Nor Vise is the best & most versatile vise I have ever owned.

Have you ever had a Renzetti?

Pretty!

I'd like to see it in action, but will stick with my Renzetti 4000 until it's dead. Which will hopefully be never.

Yep. I've owned two Renzetti's. They are very good vises but, I prefer the versatility of the Nor Vise.

I sold my Renzetti's a while back as I wasn't using them & found that, for travel, my Griffin did everything the Renzetti's did. Besides, I got more money for the Renzetti's than I would have selling the Griffin.

The fly shop that is pretty much my home away from home had one for a while, that is until they sold it! Defenitely a neat and very versatile toll but a lot too pricy for my liking. Now as for the rest of the Petijean tools. WOW are they nice!!! Buddy bought the tool kit with pretty much all of them and I had the chance to try em out. Very nice! i like em and they are on my to buy list!! But at 150$ gonna take me a bit of time to save.

Mike

It looks great, but I have always doubted whether the vast majority of recreational tyers (including me) need a vise that expensive.

Also, whenever a new brand of vise comes out (which happens fairly often) I can't help wonder: will they still be in business ten years from now, so buyers can get replacement parts?

Since you can get a good rotary from an established manufacturer for about $200, why not do that and put the other $200 or $250 toward a high end rod?

Id have to agree. My HmH is perfect and a lot less money. But I still would like to try the vise.

I have been using this vice for about 6 months and I love it! I replaced a Peak vice which I also like but this vice has many advantages. Lots of access to the hook- Very easy to place a hook check its position then clamp, this is handy for 22's and smaller. It is about a 5 second adjustment from any size hook to any other size. It also takes about 5 seconds to adjust any hook to its true center of rotation. Very good at holding hooks with minimal amount of force to work the lever. You can get the vice from Vince Wilcox at Wileys Flies.

That's just too darn much for a vise. The prices on some of the accesories are flat out absurd in my opinion.

Dave