Fly Tying
coreycs

Out West Flies

Mike:

I just got back from a trip to Canada and found the returned package of flies I sent you. I realize that I put down an incorrect address. I will send them out expedited mail tomorrow. :wallbash:

I am sorry for the inconvenience to all the other members of the swap.

Frank aka Student 4evr

I vote we wait for Frank's flys to come in. If the others haven't gotten theirs in by then, send em out!

Thanks for the replies guys, as well as for the heads up Frank! A couple of swaps ago, we had one guy who actually mailed mail the flies to himself instead of the swapmeister!! DOH!! :wallbash:

I'm in no rush, as I don't go on vacation until July 3, so I think we'll have plenty of time to get this one completed.

I'll keep you all posted as to the progress! :headbang:

Woo Hoo! :yahoo: Frank's flies came in last night and they look awesome! Nice job Frank!!

Here's where we stand as of today...

cencalfly - 12 royal trude - Flies Received

3) jeepclown - sz 14 Olive Boufaces - Flies Received

4) Pat Carroll - morman girl streamer - Flies Received

5) professori - hoppers - size 12 - Flies Received

6) bigdewy - Stayner Ducktail - Flies Received

7) MAWitter - marabou streamer - Not heard from after several attempts to contact

(I think he's going to be a no show)

8) spike188 - Stimulator or parachute ant - Flies Received

9) DrVette - dead chickens - Flies Received

10) Student4evr - Parachute ant - Flies Received

11) Dezod - 18 or 20 parachute BWO - Flies Received

12) deserttrout - Truckee River Special - Flies Received

13) coreycs - Pink Scudlitoris - Addy Sent - no response to my PM asking for an update on the status of his flies

I'm going to give coreycs one more day to reply and send him another PM as well. If I don't hear back by tonight, I'm going to consider him a no-show as well and get the the flies out to you guys - agreed?

Just as an FYI ... anyone who does not complete a swap without good cause is reported to the forum admins as such and they are usually banned from future swaps.

I truly want to thank all of you who have made a diligent effort to hold to the rules of the swap.

You make this forum what it is!! B)

All of the flies have been divided and everyone received an extra one thanks to cencalfly. He tossed in a nice looking dropper for each of you that should help slay 'em!

When I finished getting everyone's flies sorted, I was again amazed at the quality of what each of you have tyed. You guys flat ROCK!! :headbang:

I thank each of you for the extras. I won't need to add to my dry fly box for a few trips!! :D

You are all a credit to the forum and I hope you enjoy the flies that each of you have tyed!

I will post later in the summer for another dry fly swap and if I do, I will be sure to add a fly or two for any of you who join in.

I'll try to get these in the mail by Monday AM. professori - Yours will take an extra day or two to get out as I need to hit the post office in person. Hope you don;t mind the slight delay!

Holler when you get your flies and please let me now if any of you don't see them in an appropriate amount of time.

No problem with the delay. I'm off to Alaska tomorrow!! 7 Day cruise with a fly-in fishing trip in Juneau!! Thanks again for hosting Mike.

Mike and the rest of the swappers:

Thank you for putting up with my senior moment. When I get the flies I will post a set of pictures...just to let everyone else Know what they missed. :crying: :crying:

Frank aka student4evr

All the envelopes hit the mailbox last night with the exception of Gary's which I will have to take directly to the post office as soon as I can spare some time in the next day or so.

Two of our swappers bailed without any notification (see the list on pages 1 or 6), unfortunately that does happen in these swaps occasionally. :(

I look forward to hearing back from you guys when your flies get to you and having some of you guys back when I host a dry fly swap later this summer!! B)

You guys made this a very memorable swap for me. It was a pleasure hosting it for you guys!!!! ;)

Mike

Thanks for hosting. As this was my first swap I was somewhat anxious as to how it would all work out. It has been real fun and I look forward to your dry fly swap later this year.

C

What a pleasant surprise, the flies were in my mailbox. Great selection of flies, needed a magnifying glass on some. Thanks to all.

mustang mike, you ran an awesome swap!!!

Have a god one

Pat Carroll