Fly Tying
CoachBob

What does your fly tying table face?

mine faces a tiny window with a view of the trailer next door, oh and above that the spanish peaks and tobacco root mountains,

I like the natural light, but I need a curtain for direct sun light

Pauly

Mine faces long periods of loneliness 'cause I work too doggone much.

Other than that it's in the attic facing the middle of the room. Just gimme a table and vise and I'm happy!

I've converted a large section of the basement into what I call "The Man House". Of course I got to have a TV, but mostly for background noise. Here's a couple of shots of what I face when tying B)

Bruce

post-4571-1214441245_thumb.jpg

post-4571-1214441285_thumb.jpg

My bench faces a large slider window on the north wall of my wood studio. I can see a couple of miles into the Blue Ridge mountains. No people.

Mine faces the Sandwich Mt group highlighted by Chocurua, Passaconway, and Whiteface. But there are a hell of a lot of trees before them.

Dave

post-3582-1214959859_thumb.jpg

unfortunatly Im at an advantage here. I'm a truck driver so I tie on a lapbench. I have a stand I place between the seats to rest it on when I'm tying(ok...for those who need clarification I AM PARKED.)lol. Sometimes I have a view of a truckstop parking lot, or like last week, the yellowstone, the madison, and the green river. I get around a bit so the scenery always changes. my cabinet space(should be clothes, and snacks) are used for my tying supplies, as well as fly fishing/tying publications. Oh, did I mention I get paid to travel around, and stop at some of the nations great waters? ah the good life.

My bench is a closed back cabinet. I have T&G paneling on the back. But I can't see it because of all the junk in the way.

Jeremy

Jealous of all you folks who face such spectacular views, especially taz: the mobile view!

Mine is an "L" shaped desk in my office. One part has my computer and phone for "real" work. The other section is the tying desk which has a window with a view of the woods outside. I'm mostly tie in the evenings so the view isn't critical.

I dont have a fly tying desk but i have a lot of tables throughout my house which i use depending where i feel like sitting but none face out a window but 2 face the tv which is good for me because i concentrate better with the tv on.

charlie :)

For about a year mine was here:gallery4860d7f7cdfc2.jpgNow it's on the wall to the right, there is a window, but it's smaller and about a foot and a half higher.The spot in the photo is great if there isn't too much direct sunlight. It got too bright at times, especially with snow. I found turning the desk 90 degrees worked the best.The new set up though is easier because i don't have to move the couch every month for Guys, Flies & Pies. so it's a good setup still!Oh, that's in the living room. (Yes, my wife is awesome!) wink.gif

Love tying when it's snowing out. My view overlooks a forest with a partial view of a lake. Enjoy the various critters that show up when I'm tying at the desk.

Yep, white wall, black desk. but if i look to my left I have two windows facing a part of my side front yard and side parking area. In the winter my boat is out there and behind that is trees then the road which you can't see because of the 10ft banking. It's pleasant enough, I suppose I could print off a photo of Moosehead lake and Mount Katadin and mount Spencer in the distance but that scene is so embedded in my brain I hardly need a photo hanging up of it. I'd love an accurate picture of heaven actually but I suppose that would spoil the surprise when I get there !

My official table is in the basement but I never use it. I tie on a cardboard tray at one of the various tables in my house. This way I can watch tv etc. with the family.