Fly Tying
day5

Whats you vise

Choose your vise  

956 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just got a Nor-vise and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyes:

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great vise.... I have the dry fly jaws and the large and small Jaws and it is friggen beautiful....

Yep. The Norvise is a great vise. I have tried & used many different vises over the years & the Norvise is up there with the best I have used.

Yep. The Norvise is a great vise. I have tried & used many different vises over the years & the Norvise is up there with the best I have used.

I have used a good # of other vises , Thompson, Griffith, Regal, etc... and for me anyway, the Nor-vise is a revelation in my tying.. already getting faster, better etc....

WOW

I got myself a peak vise. With the c-clamp and the pedestal base, with midge and regular jaws. I am likin it alot.

We just bought a Renzetti apprentise for my father-in-law for Christmas. His vise is older than he is.... he he he

Justin

I'm new here, and I just started tying (my first lesson was Monday). I ended up going with the HMH Standard vise. It is a classic design that holds hooks perfectly and perhaps offers the most unencumbered access to the hook of any vise made.

I decided on both the standard Omni jaw and a set of those elegant little Micro jaws. I don't think I'll ever need another vise.

I'm currently tying most of my flies on Renzetti 2000. I own six vises and may use any of them as the mood strikes me, but the 2000 is my day-to-day favorite at the moment. I"ve used vises that I like more, but not enough more to shell out the money.

As I was saying in the other thread, I think Regal makes the best vises on the market. No frills, just a great vise that is 100% made in America from scratch. I got a Revolution not long ago, after using Griffin for years, and I absolutely love it. Their tying bag is sweet too, if you haven't seen it, check it out. http://www.regalvise.com

I bought my first kit a few days ago from Cabelas. So far, it's serving it purpose. I'm sure that down the line, I'll upgrade, but for the time being, it's working out just fine.

Hi group,

I answered Danvise but really need to qualify the answer. We use the DV for about 90% of our tying (commercial & personal) but do use an old (1978 model) HMH vise for some midge patterns just because we like the way it holds a really small hook. Also, we were recently contracted to do a DVD for a major vise company so we spent a couple months tying on their vise so we would feel comfortable using it in front of the camera. After the DVD shoot, we went back to the DV. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

For me it's my Regal. I love the simplicity and hook holding power. I've owned several other nice makes and models over the years but I keep coming back to this one. I'm sure it will be around a lot longer than I will.

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. Alot of great people and info here. I started on the cheap vise with a kit then upgraded to a Renzetti Traveler, gave it to my uncle that got me started in fly fishing. Then I got the Renzetti Saltwater Traveler and added the clouser arm, gave it to a friend so he could start tying. Now i'm using a Dyna-King F-C Enhanced, and it is built like a tank. Now that i've got into trout fishing i'm looking at adding either a Dyna-King Supreme or a HMH Standard or Spartan. Just can't decide which one I want. I know how well the Dyna-King holds up so it will probably be the Supreme. Although the Kingfisher looks like a great little vise, it don't have the head angle adjustment the Supreme and Standard/Spartan has. Decisions,decisions,decisions......................... :wallbash:

Randy

<!--quoteo(post=314725:date=Jul 26 2008, 08:38 PM:name=Runarsson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runarsson @ Jul 26 2008, 08:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314725"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I started with an Indian "comes with the kit" vise. After that I bought a cheapo rotary, just to try what it was all about. After finding out what it was all about, the rest of the vises have all been rotary. Danvise, Griffin Montana Mongoose, Dyna-King Barracuda Jr and now a Dyna-King Barracuda Ultimate Indexer. It has everything I want, with exception of air conditioning... but I guess you just can't have it all. :D

/Nick<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The update on my earlier post is that I have let conventional vises back into my in-line rotating life again. I just got myself a Dyna-King Supreme and am very happy with that. It hasn't 'replaced' my Barracuda, but it's an excellent addition. Both have their own advantages so none of them will be collecting dust.

/Nick