Fly Tying
day5

Whats you vise

Choose your vise  

956 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, I don't agree with Titan, Norm invented and manufactures a quality product. Its not everyones ideal vise, but as a long time user, I can attest to the quality of the products. Ron Popiel sold cheap imported crap (remember the Pocket Fisherman,) and he touted this and other junk as great products. Come on spray on hair, who uses that? Long time Nor-vise user, and proud owner.

post-12074-1268959605_thumb.jpg

No, I don't agree with Titan, Norm invented and manufactures a quality product. Its not everyones ideal vise, but as a long time user, I can attest to the quality of the products. Ron Popiel sold cheap imported crap (remember the Pocke Fisherman,) and he touted this and other junk as great products. Come on spray on hair, who uses that? Long time Nor-vise user, and proud owner.

Is that an old Ron Abby Dyna-King vice in the background?

I have been tying on the Swiss master vise for over two years. I love the it. It is very easy and fast to get every hook in perfect rotational position. To adjust from the largest hook to the smallest is very fast. I tie sizes 14 to 24 90% of the time, and they hold great. It has more options for tying than I use. For more info go to http://www.petitjean.ch/eng/MPVise/default.asp . freddy

i choose other... because curently i use a pair of vice grips and an old cymbal stand from my drum kit :lol:

Man I thought the vice in your avatar looked familiar.

actually cheri (that wonderful woman :headbang: ) has sent me a vice via the postman, i should be getting it tomorrow. i'm stoked

i choose other... because curently i use a pair of vice grips and an old cymbal stand from my drum kit :lol:

Man I thought the vice in your avatar looked familiar.

actually cheri (that wonderful woman :headbang: ) has sent me a vice via the postman, i should be getting it tomorrow. i'm stoked

What a wonderful person! enjoy

1 PEAK 2 REGAL 3 RENZETTI I enjoy all my vise', there are nicer ones I would like but for $200 or less these are fantastic tools. And I already have 2 more than I need.. I should probably sell 1 or 2 but I cannot part with them..

No, I don't agree with Titan, Norm invented and manufactures a quality product. Its not everyones ideal vise, but as a long time user, I can attest to the quality of the products. Ron Popiel sold cheap imported crap (remember the Pocket Fisherman,) and he touted this and other junk as great products. Come on spray on hair, who uses that? Long time Nor-vise user, and proud owner.

Another lefty I see. I soon will be a proud owner of a Nor-Vise.

Norm Norlander is the Ron Popeil of the tying world.

What would qualify, you to make this statement other then a keyboard..

I own a Nor-vise and think that the versatility of the vise, in the right hands is amazing.

Is it too complicated or too hard for you to wrap your head around the "how to" of the vise?

I have been fly tying for over 25 years and have used and tied on most if not all types of vises.

Take offense to this if you must, I want to understand your statement, I long ago gave up giving people sanction, or believing what people type or say , just because they say it like they mean it, or believe it is true.

If you have backed your statement up somewhere then direct me to it, and I will read it, may not agree with it but I will read what you have typed.