Fly Tying
sherrib

decorative flies

Hi, I just recently bought a fishing cabin and was wondering what you guys thought about for tying some pretty flies that I can hang on my wall in the cabin. It would still be a swap, every body just tie their most attractive fly to them. I will put mine on the wall in my cabin what do you think!

We could limit to a smaller amount. I just want some to put on the wall that I can say were tied by friends!

Let me know Sherri B

sherrib,

I would be interested in participating. Not sure if you would consider my ties worth displaying. :dunno: I have been adding a few decorations to the spare (is there such a thing) room that one of my sons vacated when he went off to college. Some old lures, fishing art, and most recently a fantastic Salmon fly from Bud Guidry. If you are willing to take a chance...I'm in.

Spanky

Im Interested.

But i dont think my flies are any thing special here is a pic. of my best fly.

Let me know what you think and if you decide to go ahead with the swap just let me know and ill be in

thank you charlie

P.S

This Is a Skykomish Sunrise

post-15379-1217541236_thumb.jpg

I think they are great lets do a swap! Tie the most beautiful fly that you think is the best to you and send SASE to me. Mine will go in a shadow box in my new cabin. How many should we limit it to? Sherri B

So i understand i tie 1 fly and send to you and you tie 1 and send to me? if so im in with something like this with a full feather wing on it.

Rocky

post-12809-1217570993_thumb.jpg

Oh sorry guys I had been off the computer for awhile. It looks like there are only the two interested, is this enough for a swap? There would be three counting me but my flies aren't pretty, I am still learning a lot. Let me know if you guys want to do the swap with only three. Sherri B

Count me in too. I'll be using a Blue theme. I have some Lilac Breasted Roller feathers. I used to tie built wings back in the 70's before one could get most of the feathers that we have today. I don't want to tie more than 4 fancy flies though. Or I'll make a less gaudy fly if we have 6 tiers. I used to do swaps with the streamers gang back in the 90's but we had 2-3 swap meisters take all the flies and that put a damper on the swaps. :wallbash:

Okay here is what we have and due date is Sept 15th. Toe tag and the usual.

1. Sherri B Damsel Fly Done

2. Feathersideflies "Blue" Recieved :lol:

3. Spanky TBD Recieved :lol: Complete :lol:

4. E.OregonMidge Recieved :lol: Complete :lol:

5. Charlie Franklin Skykomish Sunrise Recieved :lol: Complete :lol:

6.Riffleriversteelheadslayer Red Grackel Recieved :lol: Complete :lol:

7. Troutbum Rangely Style Lady Amherst Received :lol: Complete :lol:

8.Butterfly Baby Rainbow Hairwing Recieved :lol: Complete :lol:

Thanks to all who join!

Swap is now closed!