Fly Tying
oatka

Guys, Flies & Pies: November 15th 2008

I'd like to officially invite everyone to Guys, Flies & Pies this November 15th in Rochester NY.

Guys, Flies & Pies is a group of guys in Rochester NY that get together to tie flies and eat pizza pies. Simple as that....until this November.

For November 2008 we'll meet at a larger place that can accommodate more people and everyone is invited to join us for a great night of tying, eating, and winning! So, even if this is your first time hearing of Guys, Flies & Pies, this is your chance to come join us for a casual night of fun! Everyone is encouraged to bring their vise and their appetite! Tables will be available for everyone to tie! Pizza will be available for everyone to eat!

For November, we have had some great sponsors come on board and there will be lots of great stuff to raffle off, give away, or force people to take at the end of the night!

There will be 3 Midwest Custom Fly Rods to raffle off. One of them is an 8 weight (parts donated by OSD) and will be complete with a reel, line, and tube...a full set up!!!

IPB Image

Gift certificates for boots/waders/jacket:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The first 100 people through the door will also get a "loot bag" with some free stuff, including a free shipping coupon for an order from JStockard, and sample products from Togen.

And throughout the night there will be other stuff (DVDs, magazines, hats, materials, etc) that will be given away!

Doors open at 3pm! Pizza around 6pm! Raffles around 9pm! Giveaways throughout the night!

So, if you live near Rochester or are coming into town to catch some magnificent salmon, trout, or steelhead that run up the rivers from Lake Ontario, this will be a great way to end a day of fishing!

Please check out the Guys, Flies & Pies website for more details and to sign up on the mailing list to keep up to date on the event!

I hope to see some of you there!!! If you don't show up, I'm going to have to eat all the pizza myself!!!

This looks like a good time oatka! What about the raffle for the Jeep Liberty and fishing lodge on Lake Ontario . . . . . . . . . . . .

This looks like a good time oatka! What about the raffle for the Jeep Liberty and fishing lodge on Lake Ontario . . . . . . . . . . . .

WOW - Dale just offered to let us raffle off his Jeep Liberty and his lodge! Thanks Dale! This will indeed be a big attraction! ;)

If I get a chance this weekend, I'll try to do a photo or two of some of the other stuff that will be given away that night!

Hey oatka

Sorry that I can't make it, I had the pen out to mark it on the calendar thinking to myself.... self..... that date seems familiar. I fliupped to the november page and said oh crap. My son Liam turns 3 on the 15th so thankyou for the reminder, i'm sure that i would have remembered but you know how it is.

once again thanks for the invite but I won't be able to make it but I will pass the date onto our fly tying club here in hamilton, On., (www.HAFFT.ca) Perhaps we could do a swap or a combined club meet and greet further though the season. PM me if you are interested

Jon

Just 1 week from today!

Things are about finished for the 2nd annual Guys, Flies & Pies fly tying night next Saturday, Nov 15th!

Just this week I've secured more giveaways! Anyone hoping to see Day5's new DVD.....wont be able to....but we'll be giving out a box full of the flies showcased on the DVD and a voucher for the DVD itself once it's ready for sale! Thanks Day5!!!

The rods arrived, and let me tell you, these rods are sweet! There are going to be a few very happy people come Saturday night!!!

The fish decals just shine so much in person!

Less than 24 hours till doors open!

What does that mean? You could live in Denver Colorado, hop in your car right now, and STILL make it in time for the pizza!!!

Hope to see some of you there!

Ray - I hope you are bringing your tube fly set up because I want to see how it's done!

oatka - I will try to remember the tube fly tying stuff. Glad I read your post. I probably would not have brought any tube fly supplies. Hope to be at the vice this time tomorrow. ;) Looking forward to that pizza... :D