Fly Tying

FlyTyingForum.com Raffle

We are currently standing at $370 for the raffle. This money has been raised by 12 members so far, I know we can do better than this. For only $10 you can get a chance at some awesome prizes at the same time helping this site that we all enjoy using.

Come on guys , there are over 1000 members of this board. It only takes 63 members buying one cheap 10 dollar ticket to meet the need. Step up and take a swing, for 25 bucks take 3 swings!

john

Hum.

I joined June 12 2004.

Already sent $25.

How much money, on the average have you guys invested in flyfishing??

Rod, reel, vest, flies, waders, vice, fly tying equipment and supplies, books, magazines, computer to join the message board.

MMMHHH lets see we are alredy around a few thousand dollars. $10 is pretty cheap, and you can win something.

I just got back in town this week, I'll get a check to you tomorrow or saturday for 3 tix when i mail out the rest of my bills...........

mike

Will, I want to appologise, but I have been thinkin alot, and I don`t think that I want to put 25 dollars in the mail. I will, however, send 10. Will that work? It is just there have been several packages to or from me in the mail, that have not been recieved, and I would hate for that to happen with 25 bucks. I hope y ou understand. Sorry again! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Hey folks, PayPal works great for this type of transaction. If you don't have a PayPal account they are easy to set up. It does not cost you anything to send money. It is a lot safer than the US Mail.

QUOTE (mozes @ Jun 18 2004, 12:12 PM)
You may purchase 1 ticket for $10 or 3 tickets for $25.

The drawing will be held once we have reached our $1000 goal. We we no longer sell any tickets once the goal has been reached so that each ticket will have a 1 in 100 chance of winning(those will additional tickets obviously have greater odds at winning).

If 33 people buy in at 3 tickets each = 825 + 1 at $10.00 = 835.00 and not a 1000.00.

Put me down for 3 tickets anyway. I will send a check.

Mozes

The way Will's initial post reads, one would keep selling tickets until the $1000 goal. If 100 people bought one $10 ticket each, then it would mean a 1 in 100 chance. If however 40 people bought three tickets for $25 each then it would mean a 1 in 120 chance of winning. In fact, the odds will be somewhere in between these two. Either way, it is an excellent idea and a very worthwhile way to support the board.

I just sent my $25 via paypal. Wether I win a prize or not, I still think I come out ahead in supporting this great board.

More later,

Ken S.