Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rainbownater

Great Site........Hello All

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick intro............I have been fly fishing for ten years(i'm 25). My wife has gotten into fly fishing the past year since we've been married.(She loves it).

This site is incredible for me because i just started tying in the last month. I really love to nymph fish so i've been tying various nymph patterns of which i modify or alter to suit my needs. What a great feeling catching fish on patterns that you tie and design(thats a new feeling for me).

I've been lurking for a few weeks, finally decided to post an intro. I now live in Eastern Wa, but when my wife graduates from nursing school in the spring 09 we plan on moving to western montana.

Take care,

Austin :headbang:

:rolleyes: Welcome to the site. A lot of helpful info here. Just ask. :bugeyes:

Guest Big E

Welcome to the site Austin. This is definately the place to be if you're into fly tying. One suggestion I would make is to get in on the swaps. I know, as a beginning tier myself, that it is hard to sit down at the vice and do a pattern. With swaps, they not only help you learn how to tie many patterns decent, but they also help you build up your tying supplies as you order more stuff to tie newer flies. I've weaved crappie flies and also tied some steelhead flies...definately not something I wouldn't have done if I hadn't got in on swaps.

Enjoy the move. I myself am moving next year as well but from SD to western WA. Eastern WA to western MT sounds like a good trade-off. I visited Kalispell quite a bit back in the early 90s when I lived in Conrad, MT but even then it was getting overrun with out of state transplants and the land and house prices were quite high. Lovely area but I didn't like the way it was headed. Libby and Columbia Falls were more my speed.

Hope to see you around.