Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
iso18

killed a fox squierl yesterday

:rolleyes: then bagging it all up for dubbing.Naturally i'll borax the tail.And freeze to kill any bugs.Will this work?Never done it b4.

p.s. this baby had some nice big whiskers,looks like they would make good antennaes,tails etc.Never noticed before,but i'm definitely going to use the whiskers for some antennaes.

shane

Yep, it will work, but wash the skin real good before hand & dry it completely. Dish washing soap & warm water works good, and removes excess grease or oils. If you don't get the dirt off it, then eventually it will attract moths or other bugs.

I've processed a lot of my own tying materials & fur trapped for many years. The freezer is a good idea. I store some of my raw tying stuff in a freezer.

Never used the whiskers before, but it should work fine!

Whiskers!! :bugeyes:

My neighbor's cat has a bunch of whiskers!! <_<

I'll bet she wouldn't miss a few!!! ;)

they look just like the antennaes on a stonefly,next time you see a big fox squierrl close up check it out ,seriously,never noticed b4,but they definately have a use in tying.Just wonder how durable they r? <_< <_<