Fly Tying
Brian Brown75

What is the wierdest material you've ever used?

I've bought several mounted birds and animals over the years and stripped them clean. I've taken apart zip lock bags and used the locking stripps as ribbing.

How about a non lubed latex condom, they come in all colors, haha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Before collapse of the Communism the Central/East European fly fishers had to be very inventive, as there was very little supply of fly tying materials available. Condoms were regularily used for back cover of Czech/Polish nymphs :thumbsup:

How about a non lubed latex condom, they come in all colors, haha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Before collapse of the Communism the Central/East European fly fishers had to be very inventive, as there was very little supply of fly tying materials available. Condoms were regularily used for back cover of Czech/Polish nymphs :thumbsup:

Did they come in different sizes :D

I've been using latex condoms to tie grubs for smallmouth bass... thinking of using them for shrimp bodies on bonefish flies

Can't say it wasn't any ONE thing. My own hair, road kill, my step dad's chow.

Did they come in different sizes :D

Be careful with the condom usage explanations, or else we will see a fly db post call the "Coney Island Whitefish" from Day5 :hyst:

Also Brian, who started this thread is 12, and a fine young impressionable tyer.

Cheers, Futzer

Brian, you're impressionable, now go do your homework young man. Futzer :rolleyes: