Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

:bugeyes: awesome ribbing and body tapper. only thing i would like to see is a little bigger hood

Great job on a well tied fly C. :headbang: :headbang:

Rocky

PS what are you finishing the heads with?

Jep i agree, i messed that one up by using only half of the amount of hood as i normaly do and tied it in with some space to let the body talk louder. stupid mistake from me. i tied it on a size 3 mikael frodin salar gold hook.

Im using a head cement called: Glass build head cement by Lureflash. iv been using it sins i started tying and im happy about it, iv tryed some other half the price, but they ended up in the bin...

C

I know what you mean when i started with streamers and speys i did the same all that work on the body and wanted to show it of. but i learn d that the wing is as import end as the body. i guess that is way i like Dee flys you get the best of both

What did you use for gut

well i will post todays project in a few

Rocky

jepper, some of us need to mess up to learn hehe

Sweet ill look forward to see what you been up to.

Hm... Gut? its a semi transperant nylon string sort of like floss but stiffer i twisted it and super glued it, works great and cost about 4 dollars for 48 meter, ... ill send you some next time. but you need to twist and super glue youre self :D

here are Half-back picts, Brian

my flies are kind of scruffy but i hope this helps

Tight Lines,

Jan

Dont think they look bad at all, think you did a fine job. how does not like peacock flies???! i just wonder

Claudia, those particular golden pheasant tail feathers are what we salmon fly tiers call "sword feathers." They're sometimes used as underwings on full-dress patterns.

You really should post some of your Spey patterns on the Classic and Artistic Forum. They really are quite good.

John

Tight Lines,

Jan

Very nice 1/2 backs well tied

Well my project was i made a 9ft tapper d horse hair leader for fishing this spring. the flys in the pic were some i tied a few months ago and are on the chopping block so i can reuse the hooks

Rocky

PS C. were did you find them hooks?

post-12809-1229570015_thumb.jpg

Claudia, those particular golden pheasant tail feathers are what we salmon fly tiers call "sword feathers." They're sometimes used as underwings on full-dress patterns.

You really should post some of your Spey patterns on the Classic and Artistic Forum. They really are quite good.

John

Hi John.

Uh , nice, thanks. its allways nice to know what you are doing and with what, sword feathers, i knew they had a name. they sure are pretty. Thanks, i realy apprisiate.

Regards C

Here is a czech nymph that I tied up recently, I started to use these alot this year, with alot of luck as the first fly of a tandem rig. Hope you enjoy!

009-5.jpg

Tight Lines,

Jan

Very nice 1/2 backs well tied

Well my project was i made a 9ft tapper d horse hair leader for fishing this spring. the flys in the pic were some i tied a few months ago and are on the chopping block so i can reuse the hooks

Rocky

PS C. were did you find them hooks?

Ah realy? where do you learn that stuff? you are realy creativ and good with the old stuff. hehe, razor time at youre place to, yeah, why not. ill like to reuse hooks. the flies are nice thow.

The hook is just "normal" salmon and seatrout hooks from partrige in the series of salar designed by mikael frodin, ill just cut the eye of and file them taperd to make space for the home invented "gut"

They are my favorit big hooks they come in silver black and gold.

Here is a czech nymph that I tied up recently, I started to use these alot this year, with alot of luck as the first fly of a tandem rig. Hope you enjoy!

009-5.jpg

sweet looking nymph :)

C

The spey flies are amazing. Love the colors on yours Claudia, East oregon midge your flies rock also. I may be able to get parrot feathers. A friend of the family has three and they shed them all the time. If I can get some I will gladly send to those that are interested. Thanks Claudia.