Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Been playing around with salmon hooks. Going on a fishing trip in a month for bass and bream. Hopeful they have never seen any flies like this. Please tell me what ya'll think. The first 2 are on sz 2/0 hooks and the bottom 3 are on sz 10.

post-1887-1243475078_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1243475119_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1243475180_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1243475210_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1243475246_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I think you have done a great job whit this hooks,great Rat pattern

Micke

Two I tied for lake fishing around here, a High-Visability ('Viz') beetle and a Gurgler.

Jan B)

Hi!

Jan,great foam flies you tied there I like it very much and great pictures to :headbang:

Micke

:bugeyes: Nealbo great rats

1 from my vise

Rocky

Rocky,what can I say you are the man :bugeyes: great fly again keep it up :headbang:

Micke

020-1.jpg

Extended body coffin fly. Super easy!

What a fly can I take a taste of it,really nice pattern :bugeyes:

Micke

Here is what I have tied to day,its a Blue charm pattern whit marabou hackle it is a experiment <_<

Blue charm marabou (v)

post-4373-1243754293_thumb.jpg

post-4373-1243754310_thumb.jpg

post-4373-1243754324_thumb.jpg

My Ostrich Spider

post-16192-1243784017_thumb.jpg

Body is stripped ostrich herl and hackle is unstripped and wrapped like a regular hackle

Hi Brian here are the pictures of the fly I tied on that blind eye hook. The body and the golden pheasant wing does not look to bad. The wing and head looks like a. I always have trouble with married wings. I am going to work on the married wings some more before I use the other blind eye hook. Thanks again for them. Can somebody please tell he how to get the head to look like that other classic and free styles heads. Thanks

post-1887-1243897587_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1243897662_thumb.jpg

gold_leaf.jpg

Gold Leaf

Hook: Kamasan B175, #14

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, black

Hackle: Hen, light olive

Abdomen: Flat gold tinsel

Rib: Flat gold tinsel - corded

Thorax: UV Ice Dub, ginger

Wing: Coyote guardhair - sparse

Cheers,

Hans W

Not bad as a first, practice makes perfect, on the tip only use 5 wraps of tinsel, pick the dubbing real well, to get the small heads go against everything youve learned and croud that eye also i can see your working thread. One more thing, you want to take the top half of the tippets on the underwing off and moisten the tie in point on the wing with some spit and keep constsnt pressure on the wing while you tie it in. The best way to learn these is to strip the hook and tie it several timesuntil your happy, make your JC longer and you can probably salvage it from flies thats what i do anyway

Hi Brian here are the pictures of the fly I tied on that blind eye hook. The body and the golden pheasant wing does not look to bad. The wing and head looks like a. I always have trouble with married wings. I am going to work on the married wings some more before I use the other blind eye hook. Thanks again for them. Can somebody please tell he how to get the head to look like that other classic and free styles heads. Thanks

post-1887-1243897587_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1243897662_thumb.jpg

Nealbo, your best bet would be go to the classic site, post it and ask for help. In general your tieing skills are apparent but there are some fundamental problems in a couple areas. The heads of classics sort of go against the norm where we actually "crowd the head" if you will. Its a proportion thing that actually begins with things like tip, tag, butt, tail length, and the tippet wing length all play a role in the over all appearence. Its a nice looking fly but the guys at the classic forum can get ya going inthe right direction

Hi fellow tiers.

Fabules display of flies you all beenm posting here latly.

I havent been tying for one and a half week now and im starting to get loopy... iv been on a fishing hollyday and going home tomorrow.

Heres some pictures from the trip :)

Bearhug C

post-11348-1243941235_thumb.jpg

post-11348-1243941297_thumb.jpg

post-11348-1243941582_thumb.jpg

post-11348-1243941641_thumb.jpg

post-11348-1243941682_thumb.jpg

gold_leaf.jpg

Gold Leaf

Hook: Kamasan B175, #14

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, black

Hackle: Hen, light olive

Abdomen: Flat gold tinsel

Rib: Flat gold tinsel - corded

Thorax: UV Ice Dub, ginger

Wing: Coyote guardhair - sparse

Cheers,

Hans W

What smallie? Thanks for telling me Brian, I let this little devil crawl all over my hands, didn't know he would bite :scared:

Jan

Where I fish, it's not the nymphs you watch out for, it's the adults. :bugeyes: