Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

I start whit this,and here is the outcome a great fly to grayling :)

Hi Micke, Just a little more futzer useless information. I love fishing Grayling, and in Utah it is a little hard to do, we have only a few places that contain them. Here a 12" Grayling is a real monster. But they do like the dry flies. My favorite pattern is a size 18 2xl peacock and starling softhackle with a fine red wire rib. Now for the secret. I angle the hook 10° to the side of the hook shank so they are no longer straight parallel. As you look straight at the hook eye the point bends left or right. Gray ling have soft mouths and they sort of mash down the dryfly vs. suck it in. My hook ups went up dramatically bending my hooks.

Also Thanks Mike and Brian for the damsel shout out.

Cheers, Jeff.

PS, if I was near my bench I would post a fly pick of the grayling fly, but not home now.

Hi!

Jeff,have you tried to fish whit Ants in small sizes? peacock its great for the Grayling in the most pattern :headbang:

I look forward to a picture of your gray ling fly

Micke

I start whit this,and here is the outcome a great fly to grayling :)

Hi Micke, Just a little more futzer useless information. I love fishing Grayling, and in Utah it is a little hard to do, we have only a few places that contain them. Here a 12" Grayling is a real monster. But they do like the dry flies. My favorite pattern is a size 18 2xl peacock and starling softhackle with a fine red wire rib. Now for the secret. I angle the hook 10° to the side of the hook shank so they are no longer straight parallel. As you look straight at the hook eye the point bends left or right. Gray ling have soft mouths and they sort of mash down the dryfly vs. suck it in. My hook ups went up dramatically bending my hooks.

Also Thanks Mike and Brian for the damsel shout out.

Cheers, Jeff.

PS, if I was near my bench I would post a fly pick of the grayling fly, but not home now.

Hi!

Jeff,have you tried to fish whit Ants in small sizes? peacock its great for the Grayling in the most pattern :headbang:

I look forward to a picture of your gray ling fly

Micke

Nice tying fishn! That should catch some fish

Heres the #32 Algea nymph I tied for Ibian to catch tadpoles with.............. :P :lol: :lol:

AlgeaNymph.jpg

Jan

That was small :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Micke

emergers - wish I had a few of these with me when I fished Delaney Buttes a few weeks ago

emerger7842.jpg

emerger7844.jpg

Sulphurs and Lt. Cahills. Parachute style. I'll post pics later

Jeremy

hell some GREAT fly's being tied as of late :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: to ALL

some from me

Rocky

PS I CAN'T LOG IN SO USED CheyAnne's

post-18848-1248935457_thumb.jpg

post-18848-1248935511_thumb.jpg

post-18848-1248935562_thumb.jpg

post-18848-1248935611_thumb.jpg

post-18848-1248935641_thumb.jpg

hell some GREAT fly's being tied as of late :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: to ALL

some from me

Rocky

PS I CAN'T LOG IN SO USED CheyAnne's

Shit,what a nice flies stunning work Rocky :headbang: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Micke

Hallo!

fly tiers great work,I have tied some old classic wet flies patterns now and I like to tie this great flies here is one Gold ribbed hare's ear.

post-4373-1248955676_thumb.jpg

Picture025.jpg

I would like to know what this fly is suppose to represent and how its fished for salmon. Always looking for different things to tie and fish. Thanks

Micke...Rocky... @$&*%, those are great looking flies!

mkoloch, I'm not an expert on salmon flies, but that's a blue bomber.

Originally developed on the Miramichi in New Brunswick, I would imagine it is an attractor

pattern. I believe the usual practice is to fish Bombers dry (dead drift) or dragging (with a fast skittering motion).

Mike

Thanks for the info. Figured it was a dry pattern, with deer hair and hackle, its gotta float. Interesting, thanks again.

Just a practice Quill Gordon using Metz hackle.

The ones I'll be tying for the Classic Dry Fly Swap will have Whiting hackle.

quillgordon.jpg

Mike

mkoloch, I'm not an expert on salmon flies, but that's a blue bomber.

Originally developed on the Miramichi in New Brunswick, I would imagine it is an attractor

pattern. I believe the usual practice is to fish Bombers dry (dead drift) or dragging (with a fast skittering motion).

Mike

Yep, they call it a smurf and AM's method is bang on.

pyrite.jpg

Pyrite

Hook: Tiemco 102Y #13

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, grey

Hackle: Whiting Coq de Leon lower neck feather, mottled

Tag: Polar flash, gold

Body: Polar flash, gold; muskrat, inserted into split thread - twisted

Veiling: Muskrat 'hackle', inserted into split thread - twisted

Cheers,

Hans W

Tonight I'm sitting with flies for our 'On the Edge to Nothing Swap' (#20 and smaller)...

I launched this swap on the Swedish 'Edge Fly-Fishing Forum' and guys who had never tied on anything smaller than #18-#20 joined in and bought hooks down to size #28... and are now thinking this "tiny tying" is a BLAST!!! :yahoo:

Right now I'm sitting fiddling with these:

Tony Spezio's Knitpickin' Mayfly, size #32

32_knitpick.jpg

/Nick